(34) - Good Equals Selfish

Monty felt defeated

Monty felt defeated. The distraction of Arkadia was one of the strongest hits and had trouble accepting that not only his home was destroyed, but the one valuable solution was now gone. They were all destined to die in the death wave.

Faith's injury affected his mind. He was afraid, biting the edge of his fingers in terror. He was hearing Faith's painful whimpers from inside and instantly tears. He stood outside of the medical for hours, pacing back and forth every second, his boot steps leaving loud thumps echoing in the corridor outside of the room. He had to find the strength to go inside and take her in his arms, never leaving her alone again. He had to protect her, to keep her safe from everyone and everything.

Faith stared at the ceiling; defeated. Unable to move, but able to release all the tears she's been hiding in her eyes silently. Finn was always there to remind her she was not useless but the sign of justice among the chaos, but now, she felt truly useless. The burning pain reminded her nothing was for granted, not happiness, not safety, and not walking.

Her chest vibrated with silent sobs, wishing for the pain to go away. "Make it stop,"

Clarke walked to her, smiling comfortingly. She patted her hair softly to distract her. "It's going to be okay. I promise. Close your eyes, and take a deep breath, hm?" Faith shifted her brown eyes to the injection in Clarke's hand. She was wasting medicine for her.

"No, you shouldn't waste it on me. Save it for the hundred."

Clarke persistently glanced over at her. There was no hope for Arkadia. The list was no more."No one is more worthy than you." It was better this way, Clarke believed. She wouldn't have to worry about letting her friends out to die or any of these people.

Bellamy looked back at Clarke from the door of the room, shooting a quick glance to Octavia, who was still ignoring his existence. Clarke negatively shook her hand when Faith started shaking from her fear. The lack of injections in her life as a kid made her terrified of them. Especially now, she was hurting a lot.

Bellamy drifted his gaze to a teared-up Monty. The other boy rushed inside, trapping her small hand in his, giving a lovely warmth. "Don't be afraid." He kneeled to get closer to her face, and caressed her cheek, wiping her painful crystal tears.

"Monty..." she whispered, paralyzed with terror.

"I love you." He said with a low voice the moment Clarke slowly injected the bruise. His words made all her worries and fears disappear for a matter of seconds. Staring at him at those difficult moments was enough for her to realize she grew to love him even more.

Niylah tapped Monty's arm, waking him up from his sleeping state. "You can go have some rest. I'm going to inform you once she's awake."

It was later that day, she opened her brown eyes again. The medical room was half empty, the only people in there being Niylah, Octavia, and the troublemaker, Ilian.