Chapter Sixty-One: Ilvermorny is Next

And when I stop to look you in the eyeKnow right this second that you will dieMy heart broke beforeAnd so protect it I shallI'll send your obliterated soul right back to Hell

Know right this second that you will die
My heart broke before
And so protect it I shall
I'll send your obliterated soul right back to Hell.
- Sara Younes

The world went up in flames

Albus Dumbledore watched in intrigued horror as forests fell, children were captured and buildings were demolished.

Aurors were chained up and held for interrogation.

The Ministries of Magic were utterly defenceless against the wrath of Mr and Mrs. Marvolo Riddle.

Newspapers were filled to the brim of the two new kings.

It was a hostile takeover.

The wizarding world in its entirety was defenceless against those two teenagers.

They needed no army... no troupes... no weapons... no money.

They simply needed each other.

Albus stares at the world on fire and sighs.

This was his fault.

This was all entirely his fault.

"Darling?" Gellert calls to his beloved. Albus turns to him with a soft smile.

"We are next... you know this right?" Gellert tells Albus, a hint of insanity in his mismatched eyes.

"Worry not my darling," Albus moves to give his love a kiss on the cheek. "I have a plan." He smiles and then taps the Elder wand in Grindelwald's hands twice, before whisking himself away his cloak fluttering in the breeze behind him.

***********************************

Children screamed as ginormous fire snakes raked through the cities destroying everyone and everything in their wake.

Those who refused their rule would be locked up.

Only those who bent the knee were spared.

Only those who swore allegiance to them were left alone.