Chapter Thirty-Four: Vivi Dares to Fight

- And you will never understand my pain

I walk towards the quidditch arena, gloves in hand

"You finally got gloves?" Everest drawls placing his own gloves on his hands.

I pocket mine and sigh. "Yes well, Samir didn't bloody give me a choice." I demand sighing.

"Valentine Dumbledore!!!"  Dippet grins smiling at me.

I give him a weirded out look, my eyes meeting Everest's for a second before I plaster a smile on my face and look at him.

"Yes Headmaster?" I ask a tad concerned.

"A request came in, two days-" He stops to catch his breath, leaning over on the bleachers. "A request—-HHEEEEHHH."

"Good god. Breathe sir." Everest looked appalled and.

"You will be duelling the seventh years and the fifth years." He hands me a piece of paper.

"Excuse me what?" I demand.

"The Ministry would like to see your talents on both days. A special request was made saying that you duelling the fifth years was unfair to them." He wheezes.

"I honestly could care less about who I'm duelling because after freaking Credence no one comes even close." I roll my eyes.

"Anything else?" I ask him and he nods.

"Both you and Mr. Riddle were requested." He gives a cheer and then scurries away before I could actually answer him.

"Excuse me?" I shout. "WHAT?! WHY?!" I demand. "DIPPET!"

"What's wrong? This is a high honor." Everest muses. "The ministry themselves are intrigued by your power. You should be thrilled. They might consider you to become an Auror."

"They already considered me being an Auror and they're desperate to have me." I say. "This feels fishy though." I think, crossing my arms. "I don't know why. It feels prepositioned in a way."