Chapter Twenty- Six: The Depth of Darkness is Deeper than I Thought

- Am I though

- Am I though..... Enough?

I managed to remain conscious

I managed to remain conscious. The portal exploded into a pit of dark flakes, bursting into flames the second it touched something or someone.

Thankfully, no one was deeply injured and most of the Jin had been sucked into the portal I'd summoned.

I left killing the rest of them off to the other Hellbearers.

I didn't think I'd be able to stand anyways.

"NOOOOOO!!!!!" James shrieks and jumps in front of me, eyes wide in fear and panic.

"Are you alive?? Are you dead? ARE YOU STILL BREATHING?!!!" He puts his ear by my mouth and I had no energy to slap him away.

"Mr. Potter, your sister seems tired. Maybe avoid from screaming in her face too much." Samir demands, striding over and placing a hand under my arms to help hoist me up.

"I- I don't feel too good." I mumble, hand reaching up to my face.

I look down at my hands and realize they were covered in blood.

"Lilly is going to kill me. Lilly is going to KILL ME!!" James cries slightly, hair knitting themselves in his thick light brown hair.

Samir grabs my waist and kneels down placing me on his knee. My head drops onto his chest involuntarily.

His eyes scan my face slightly, a worried look in his eyes.

"Val.... you look like you're going to faint."

"She looks so close to death, she's knocking on Lucifer s door." Jim marches up, wiping blood away from her brow. "The avalanche was a good idea though." She nods at me approvingly.

"She opened a portal to Hell, Jim." Aarnav snaps, arms crossed. "She has a right to be tired."

"Opening a portal to a celestial location, drains one of their life force. Had you have kept it open for much longer you would have perished." Photia strolls in, fire dancing behind her.