Chapter Sixty-Four: I'm Back

And with her laughter, the sky retuned to her eyes

- Sara Younes

Valentine's Pov:

Valentine's Pov:

I'd never felt so free.

It was utter chaos around me but all I could do was laugh as Tom laughed with me.

He loved me. I could feel what he felt.

That warm flush of emotion in the pit of one's stomach.

He felt that.

He felt that towards me.

I sit down, my fiery dress fraying outwards like a flower around me.

I eye him warily and stick out my hand. "Make the unbreakable vow to me."

"You'd better include in it that you'll never cheat on me again." I smirk at him and he looks up his black eyes clashing with mine.

"She meant nothing to me Val." He whispers and grabs my hand. "I felt absolutely and literally nothing when I was with her."

He eyes our interlinked arms. "I feel more just holding your hand." He murmurs sending goosebumps down my spine.

And so he took the vow to never leave me and never cheat again and since we were all for equality.... I did the same thing.

The red strands tighten on our laced hands and then sink deep into our skin searing them with forever burns. No one but us was witness to the vow and so the vow made itself shown to the world by marking itself on our hands forever.

We eye each other silently.

"So we are bound for life." Tom muses and raises his hand staring at it silently. "I have not one problem with that."

He sits back and lies down, his head in my lap.

"Do you love me?" He asks suddenly and I scoff.

"You need to earn that back."

He shrugs and nods his hand reaching upwards to cup my cheek.

My face blazes up in response.

"I will earn that back and so much more." He vows and then stares at my eyes and stays silent.