Chapter Nineteen: Let the First Annual Dueling Competion BEGIN!

-  There are two things we should give our children; one is roots and the other is wings

- There are two things we should give our children; one is roots and the other is wings.

"HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE FIRST ANNUAL DUELLING COMPETION!!!!" Headmaster Munter screams into his megaphone wand

"Coming to us all the way from the SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS WE WELCOME HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY!!"

I whoop hands up in the air, yelling along with the rest of the Hogwarts students.

"FOR THE FIRST COMPETITION WE HAVE ARIEL CARTSKEM VS IGOR II KARKAROFF!!!"

Ariel gazes up at me eyes wide as she grips my arm tightly.

"You're okay." I whisper and stroke her hair back. "I'll make sure you won't get hurt." I tell her.

"Promise?" She whimpers, eyes wide in fear.

"Pinky." I affirm and then we lock pinkies and seal the deal by stamping our thumbs together.

She takes a deep breath and then nods. "Okay." She whispers and then marches down the steps and enters the arena.

We cheer for her loudly.

"ROUGH TOUGH HUFFLEPUFF!! ROUGH TOUGH HUFFLEPUFF!! GO ARIEL!!!" We all scream.

She smiles slightly at us and then a spell is cast around the arena.

A dome of glass engulfs the whole field, protecting the audience from any spells cast in our direction.

The spell makes a huge dome that prohibited the entry of anyone who wasn't duelling.

Ariel gives me a panicked look, thinking I wouldn't be able to help her.

"Don't panic little mermaid. I got you. No force field can hold me back." I whisper into her mind.

She obviously relaxes and the confidence in her stance is very much present because she grabs her wand from her yellow highlighted robes and twirls it between her fingers.

She grins at the boy staring down at her, analyzing her every move.

His eyes were darting between myself and Ariel seeming curious.