Chapter Fourty: A Lulling Break

- You never know how frozen you are until someone starts to melt the ice

It was the next day and after the school wide lockdown, everyone was freaking out

Tom and I had eliminated all of the muggles in the building it seemed.

So I guess we'd saved the day again.

I'd woken up to Tom's face. He was fast asleep, head leaning back on the wall. It looked highly uncomfortable but he seemed peaceful.

His hands were wound tightly around me so I couldn't move, even if I wanted to.

One hand was snug around my waist and the other cradled my head in the crook of his arm.

God I loved him so much it hurt.

I stayed still and watched him silently, not daring to move so he could sleep as long as he wanted.

He wakes up an hour later. His grip instantly tightens on me, as if he was making sure I was still there.

His looks down and raises a brow, realizing I was staring at him.

"Hi." I grin up at him.

"Hello." He says in a murmur, lips twitching slightly. "What's been going on?" He asks helping me sit up.

I stretch and pull my hair up into a makeshift bun. "The teachers are scouring the school for more muggles. We got all of em though." I state, looking towards the doors.

"And we're staying here until that happens?" Tom drawls, annoyed.

Nott strolls over and hands Tom a plate of food before he turns around and walks away, not looking at me once.

I raise a brow but don't comment. The entire gang had been giving me the cold shoulder.

It's not like this was the first time in my life this had happened.

I ignore it, and smile at Tom. "I'll go get some breakfast for me."

He pulls me back down. "Here." He hands the plate to me. "I'm not hungry."