Chapter Sixty-Five: And Then There Were Three

I've yearned for silence,When all I could hear were screams

When all I could hear were screams.
I've yearned for sound,
When all I could hear was silence.
I never yearned more to be dreaming
Than when my own silence was screaming.
- Sara Younes

There's a certain calm stillness about chaos

It's so utterly evokingly terrifying that if you stop to stare at it, and all else disappears.

I'm assuming that's what villains loved seeing day to day.

That peaceful calm of chaos.

Chaos swirling and whirling in a place other than their own minds.

It provides a distraction from the utter disaster which is their inner torment.

The chaos within is let loose for those brief hours and it's peaceful to them.

They aren't alone in feeling utter and complete loss.

So as I stare at the immense destruction our decisions have rained on this school, my lips are only smiling.

Chained up and bloody, the hellbearers fall to the floor. Wizards and witches kneel in front of us and the intoxicating thrill of power hums through my veins and strengthens my blood.

I stand right beside Tom, heads held up high as we stand over our subjects.

May the world's terror be invoked whenever they see the people they wronged.

And so the two of us stood and watched as the world fell to its knees bowing before their new kings.

"So this is what happened?" Someone drawls behind us. The voice was old and raspy, wise and judging. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on edge as I whirl around slowly only for my eyes to widen.

"What are you doing here Professor?" I ask, swallowing back the need to flinch back at his steely gaze. Albus Dumbledore smiles at me, his eyes crinkled and exhausted with age. This wasn't world domination Albus... this was the Albus that had sent me back in time.