Chapter Twenty Three: I Think we Have a Problem

- And I HATE that I blame you for everything that happened when it's all my fault

I hand Olive a muffin.

She takes it with a kind smile.

I'd been forcing her to eat. She was thin as a rail and I was terrified for her health.

"Thank you." She muses and starts picking at it.

Myrtle sits beside her, eyeing her in concern as well.

Her brown eyes come up to meet mine. She gives me a small smile.

"Hi Val."

"Hey Myrtle."

"What's your ranking so far?" Myrtle asks me and I shrug.

"I'm in ninth place. I have three more duels to go." I muse smiling.

"I lost halfway through." Myrtle sighs. "None of them stand a chance against you though." She gives me a nod.

We weren't as close as before, but we were okay for now.

"Abby tried killing me." I announce, crossing a leg.

Myrtle looked horrified at that. "What? Why would she do that?"

"She's jealous." Olive muses, popping a crumb in her mouth.

We both stare at her.

"Eat the whole thing." Myrtle demands, grabbing the blonde's hand and intertwining their fingers.

"I'm trying." She sighs, staring at thing angrily. "I'm trying! It's not like I want to be this sick!" She spits out, eyes drooping like a dead flower stuck in snow, shivering and wishing for the sun.

"We know." I give her a grin. "We know."

"Abby's been acting weird lately." Myrtle admits. "Saying and doing things she wouldn't usually do."

I meet her gaze and look at her disbelieving when I figure out what she was implying. "The Imperius Curse?" I ask, questioning.

"That's what I think." Myrtle nods. "I think Albus placed her under it before he departed. He's using her as his little spy. Even Pan thinks she's acting too weird for Abigail."