Chapter Eleven: Even the Devil has Emotions

"There's death all around us

"There's death all around us. Everywhere we look. 1.8 people kill themselves every second. We just don't pay attention. Until we do."
― Cynthia Hand

"Well that was interesting

"Well that was interesting." Photia murmurs watching as I get pulled from the stimulation.

I looked like I'd just fought in a war.

I stay where I was, feeling the weight of the locket in my pocket disappear.

"You chose self sacrifice." The devil stares at me eyes wide. Even he looked disturbed by what happened.

"Not one of your Hell bearers ever chose to save the bad guy." Lucifer looked stunned but he also looked at Photia with an air of superiority.
"That's because she's one of mine." He hisses and then gives me a nod. "You passed."

I don't answer, my eyes dull and lifeless.

Photia was looking at me in concern.

"What was the vision you saw child?" She asks me and I look up at her for more clarification.

"Your eyes went white in the stimulation. You went still for a good minute. What did you see?"

"My death." I answer, voice emotionless and void of any of my usual sarcasm.

"You'll be placed with Samir." Lucifer interrupts and then gazes at me. "Tom Marvolo Riddle.... that's his name." I nod silently at his question.

"Would you like to see where in Hell, I've prepared his torture?" Lucifer asks me, smirking in mirth.

Gritting my teeth, I shake my head. "He's not ending up in there.... wherever that is. I. am. going. to. stop. it." I enunciate every word.

Then I stride up and summon the locket that he'd been playing with. It snaps into my hand and I walk up the steps of the throne until I'm glaring right into his eyes. 

The locket is crushed into pieces between my fingers, by thinking a single spell.

He looked intrigued and slightly pissed off.