Chapter Six: Dead Eyes

"When we are born, we cry that we are come to this great stage of fools

"When we are born, we cry that we are come to this great stage of fools."
― William Shakespeare

"A baby stole my wand?"  He scoffs and I stare at him

"A baby stole my wand?" He scoffs and I stare at him.

"That was me." I state in a monotone.

"That doesn't make any sense-" He stops and eyes me wearily. "Time travel." He breathes and then looks at me with eager eyes of evil intent.

"How did you do that?" He demands and I shrug slowly.

"I was sent back in time by Albus. He said I had a chance to save my parents. A chance to not be an orphan." I look at him as I said those words. He didn't move but by the way he took extra care to not show his reaction told me he was hurt by my words.

"I made you an orphan?" He scoffs. "What? Are you actually blaming me for your troubles?" The mocking tone hurt more than I let on.

"No. I never said that. My troubles are a burden I must carry alone ... apparently." I add the last word in a whisper and he clenches his teeth.

"I did not give you those scars on your back. I did not tell your sister to throw you away like the trash I know you now to be."

"Stop doing that." I say quickly. "That won't work on me Riddle. I know you too well for that to affect me." I snarl at him. "I'm so used to your insults by now, I'm freaking immune."

He shrugs and looks to the side, deep in thought. "I become a mass serial killer.... So what? You came back in time to stop me? You!?" He demands unbelieving.

"Did you forget I'm half demon." I raise a brow at him.

He ignores me and points a finger at me. "So you went back in time to kill me because Albus told you and what? You arrived here and decided not to?" He says slowly and I nod. He suddenly laughs... a cruel laugh that sends shivers up my spine. "You thought you could change me didn't you?" He scoffs, and lets out another wicked cackle.

"You thought you were so damn special that you could just change me?!" He moves his legs to sit on the edge of the bed. He proceeds to stand up and I'm staring up at him wide eyed.