20. Premonition

I scoffed, "You know brain, if you're gonna give me nightmares everyday, they don't really seem to scary anymore. Especially if they're the same damn thing over and over."

The world around me was dark with no horrid battle scene I'd have to watch where I assumed I was dying or something in the arms of someone else.

It was cliche and stupid but I was so used to it that I was sure it'd happen even now.

But I felt fine. No pain. No horrifying scene. Just an eerie black void around me.

"Cho Heeyeon."

My gaze locked onto the nothingness, hurriedly scanning around for the source of the voice.

It was gruff and low, the reverb of each syllable magnifying in the endless void.

"Who's there?"

"That doesn't matter. What matters is that you and your allies start to seriously focus on the events at hand."

I rolled my eyes, "I have no idea what that means. Do elaborate."

"You're stuck in a void of nothing right now, correct? Depending on how this plays out, you'll either be living a life very close to this endless nothingness, or you can achieve some sense of normality."

"Look. You're talking to an eighteen-year-old who lacks basic patience and empathy. If you're talking about Ades, give me valuable information instead of speaking in riddles."

"Ades, the God of Life and Death. A grand title for someone not so grand. That's because it's exaggerated. His mother is a minor god. But he's got it in his head that he's worth more than that. And that's why he wants you."

"I understand that, but how is that relevant or helpful?" I groaned, getting tired of the drawling.

The voice sighed, "I'm trying to help you move this along. You've tapped into something within you that is very powerful. But your knowledge of it is way too premature for you to survive. I want to show you two different scenarios, different from what you've been seeing lately. Pay close attention Cho Heeyeon. Because how you respond to the oncoming dangers will curve your destiny in either direction."

The black void around me swirled around me, making me stumble as my breath hitched in anxious anticipation.

The familiar pain I usually endured in the dreams returned and I suddenly found myself dropped to the floor with an excruciating pain throughout my whole body.

I opened my eyes to the bleary scene of destruction and carnage of the world around us.

It was surreal as the smell of pungent smoke and burning dirt filled my nostrils. As well as the metallic taste of blood that made my lips smack together in parched desperation.

"You asshole! I'm gonna kill you for that!"

That voice.

It was...Jungkook.

I tried to open my eyes further to see the boy caked in dirt and blood of his own charging angrily at the blinding light of divinity.

Around him were six other boys all wounded and dirtied in their own way, desperately charging behind Jungkook.

I watched helplessly as the boys were furiously tossed like rag dolls from the light, scattering across the ground. The way they got up and kept trying to fight what I assumed to be Ades despite how outclassed they were.

Their shrieks made my heart race as I heard their pained cries as they all crashed to the ground limply.

Suddenly they weren't trying to fight anymore. Except for Jungkook, who was desperately calling on every last ounce of his father's power that he could muster.

But it was nothing to a God who had already taken so much of said power.

My heart shattered when Jungkook let out a shrill yell.

"I'll crush you," the familiar voice snarled.

No.

In an amazing feat of strength, my body managed to push itself up.

I staggered towards Jungkook as fast as I could, only to see the temperamental god on the verge of taking the one person who truly made me feel worth it from me.

"Get away!" I screamed.

The God halted his actions, his gaze dropping to me. He gave me a mocking smile as if he was looking down on me with pity.

"Well well. Good morning little hero. Nice nap?"

"Shut up. Let him go," I hissed.

"Or what? You're in no position to do anything."

I tried to prove him wrong and threw an uncoordinated punch at him.

Ades easily grabbed my fist and squeezed it tight. He gave me a menacing grin.

"You know what. You're right. I only need you anyway."

In pain I can't even explain, I felt every last ounce of anything in me get squashed like a bug. I dropped to the ground as I tried to gasp for air and stop the pain, but instead, I felt myself get lobbed over Ades' shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"They'll live. You however, won't be so lucky. Say goodbye to the demigods Cho Heeyeon. You will be the last of their kind to die. Congratulations."

I wanted to fight and scream but I couldn't. It was like I was stuck.

Stuck in a void of nothingness.

"There's a fork in the road Cho Heeyeon. I would show you the other outcome if I had time. But that is something for you to find out. You can either be his puppet that he uses to get rid of you halflings, or you can be the one to stop him. But in the end, the burden is on your shoulders."

And with that the world around me faded to white.

____________________________________
Ooh things got spicy 🌶

Anyway~

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays! I hope you're all doing well!

Much love ❤️