42. Hades' Grandson

"Should we like bow or something?" Jungkook questioned.

"You'll do it involuntarily, don't worry. Remember when you tried really hard to get Heeyeon onto her knees when you first met. Yeah, my father doesn't need to try," Yoongi said.

On cue, the loud footsteps fit for a god thundered across the floor.

Our attention was instantly glued onto the massive entrance of the structure, awaiting the god's arrival.

And as Yoongi had said, the second his foot had appeared out of the doorway, my body involuntarily dropped to the floor as it had with Jungkook when I first met him.

But only this was so much stronger. I couldn't resist it. As if someone threw a boulder on my shoulders.

All ten of us were on our knees for the god of death as he approached us. It was strange because he was this figure towering over us, but he was very human-like. His form at least.

But he was towering over us. It was overwhelming and awe-inducing.

"Welcome," Hades' voice was cold and dull. It sent a chill down my spine as it sounded of endless death and monotony.

Yoongi was the first to stand up to let his father size him up. The cold look in Hades' eyes was horrible. No one should ever look at their child like they were analyzing them, but clearly, the gods were different types of parents.

"Father," Yoongi spoke softly.

"Son. I am pleased with your prompt and seamless response. I was rather shocked, to be honest," the condescending grin said it all.

I guess none of us had truly perfect relationships with our godly parents except for maybe Taehyung and his father.

"And your friends are here in the realm of death so easily. How quaint," he sneered, referring to the fact that we were literally seconds away from some sort of death.

What an asshole. But then again, was I really expecting anything less?

"I want the son of Zeus and the son of Poseidon up front and center," he ordered.

Because Jungkook and Jimin were technically his nephews. But Hades, Zeus, and Poseidon also had their hatred for each other for the realms they controlled.

The tension was felt almost immediately as Jungkook and Jimin begrudgingly sat beside Yoongi. They were in Hades' domain so the pride that they could have against him in the overworld meant nothing down here.

I scooted back so that I was sitting behind the group so that the force of Hades was a tiny bit less. At this point, it should be abundantly clear that I hate bowing to someone and finding someone be above me.

"Where's the star of the show?" Hades asked calmly.

Everyone turned to me, making me flush under the attention.

"Hmm. Good."

It took every ounce of decency in me not to be impolite but for the sake of getting information, my obnoxious nature would just have to wait.

"As you all are aware, I called you here to give you information and guidance on dealing with Ades. In your layman's terminology, he would be what is known as my 'grandson.' It has become apparent to me that those self-righteous brutes up above have done absolutely nothing to assist in your uphill battle. So allow me to provide some guidance."

"That is what we came here for," I muttered to myself.

Hades didn't respond but I'm sure he found my response most amusing.