1. Daughter of Ares

Heeyeon POV

I woke with a start and ended up tumbling out of bed from the startling scream that ruined my dream.

I groaned, rubbing my butt as I whirled on the culprit who woke me up.

"Heesung! What did I tell you about waking me up?!" I scolded my fourteen-year-old brother.

He frowned, "You're the one who was sleeping in too late! We have to leave in like thirty minutes but you're lazy butt was snoring like an ogre!"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "What did you say?"

He squeaked, quickly running out of our room while snickering like the bratty teenager he was.

I clicked my tongue, picking myself off of the floor with a mellow sigh.

New semester, new school, new me.

Those were the three things I often had to repeat to myself when I began the treacherous cycle yet again.

To clear it up, today would now be my fifth time moving schools in my entire life due to an outburst that almost gave away my little secret.

I was a calm human...unprovoked. But due to some unfortunate DNA, I wasn't exactly forgiving if someone tried to start something with me.

Thankfully, by some god given luck, my record was still clean. I honestly wasn't even sure how I still had a clean record. My mom was just able to waltz into school and they'd let me off the hook without expulsion.

The first two times it happened, the little kid in me was convinced that maybe my dad was looking after me at all.

That idea quickly became...comedic to me.

My father...was less than ideal. Not that I had ever even met him to make an opinion. But I didn't need to. My dad was Ares. And he was an ass. That's all I needed to know.

He left my mother high and dry with nowhere to turn. My poor mother was left alone with a demigod child. And then four years later after struggling so much, to meet someone genuine, get pregnant with their child, and watch them die in a car accident? My faith in God, or in the gods that were meant to watch over us had totally flickered out by then.

I was a problem child. I hated that I was, and I tried and tried to learn and exhibit as much self-control as possible. But I was impulsive. It was in my DNA. I was a good student sure, but I was a rebel. I didn't mind starting trouble and watching my fellow peers implode on themselves.

But I was in my last semester of senior year. I just had to survive a little bit longer and then I could finally rid my mother of the gargantuan headache known as Cho Heeyeon.

I lazily slipped on a random pair of jeans that were lying around and slipped into my favorite red sweatshirt. I didn't get along well with other people due to my...abrasive personality, but this hoodie was a gift from Heesung's dad. He loved me like I was his own daughter, and I'd never forget that kindness.

"Noona! Let's go!" Heesung whined.

"Good god kid shut your face I'm coming!" I shouted back.

I quickly shoved all my extra books into my bag and ran out of our room to find Heesung eagerly waiting to get to school.

I felt bad that my little brother always had to be subjected to my issues but he always managed to look at life positively and never seemed to have an issue.

I walked out into the living room, the sight of my drunken mother passed out on the table making me sigh.

"Heesung, wait outside for me. Let me just grab some water," I lied, ushering him out so he didn't see the sight of his depressed mother.