0. Foreshadowing

I felt my body fall to the ground with the violent flames swallowing me whole.

Even in my weakened despair, I found all of this ironic. I, the daughter of the God of War, was about to die on the battlefield.

I watched as my injured friends, no, the people I now called my family struggled to stand up and fight.

I so desperately wanted to be the one in their place. Be the one who'd inevitably give myself up. I hated the thought of dying like this. But maybe it was the Ares in me.

I watched him with blood, sweat, and tears rolling down his face. He so desperately reached out to me, and I wanted to hold my hand out to him and touch him and tell him everything would be okay.

Despite all that boasting he had done before the fight, I saw him throw it all out of the window and run towards me when he had the chance.

I wanted to beg and plead for him to go back. For him to leave me. To let them take me in exchange for everyone's safety, but I should've known better than to argue against someone as stubborn as him.

He weakly dropped beside me, his face ridden with tears as painful sobs escaped his cracked lips.

His sadness and anger coupled together resulting in a few more flashes of lightning and a downpour of rain which cooled the surrounding fire.

"H-Heeyeon!" He wailed, clutching my battered body close to him.

"H-hey. No c-crying okay? It's n-not very Z-Zeus of you," my voice shook as I tried to comfort him.

He only cried harder, taking my limp hand and placing my palm against his cheek to keep it warm and circulated.

The warm air of the fight raging around us burned the inside of my throat as I clung onto life.

"You're so stupid Heeyeon. You're so so so stupid," he murmured.

I gave a weak smile before coughing up some soot.

"Don't worry baby. We're all gonna make it out of this alive."

I looked at him with tired eyes, "I love you Jun—"

"Heeyeon! Wake up! It's time for school!"

____________________________________
I got excited so basically here's the prologue 😊 I'm not sure when I'll update after this but just to keep you all fed, here you go.

But I wanted to try something fun...

Does anyone have any predictions? I loved to hear them. Tbh I don't have the whole plot formulated yet, but I'd love to hear what you guys think would happen 👀