13. Open Mind, Open Heart

"What the f—"

"Watch that pretty mouth of yours princess or I'd be inclined to kiss it again," he smirked like a madman.

I choked on air. So two seconds ago he was brooding, looking at me as if I had spat all over his lunch, and suddenly he was back to the annoying flirt?

The bell rang its annoying tune signaling that everyone needed to get to class within the next five minutes before being marked late.

I shot him a look.

He shrugged, "Get comfortable princess. We're not going until we get some answers."

I groaned, "You're impossible sometimes!"

"You're one to talk!" He shouted back.

I rubbed my face frustratedly. Who did he think he was ordering me around like I was some submissive flower?

"Jokes on you, I don't have to say a word to you. I will happily sit here indefinitely," I huffed.

I turned away from him, stubbornly pulling out my phone and playing a game on it, ignoring the obvious irritation from Jungkook.

As much as I wanted to talk to him too, it was in my DNA to be stubborn and I couldn't ignore it. Nothing in me was readily willing to give up the ego.

So he sat there quietly, observing me as I did whatever I could to pass the time.

An hour passed and fifth period had ended. I knew Yoongi would probably kill me the next time he saw me, but I could honestly care less. It was in my blood to face death anyway.

Suddenly I felt my phone being ripped out of my hands roughly.

Jungkook was glaring at me as his sculpted face was mere centimeters from mine. His warm breath brushed my lips making me almost move forward in momentary desire and impulse.

"Let's not play games longer than we have to hmm?" He growled.

I stared into his eyes, searching those beautiful brown orbs for a sign. Anything. But all I found myself doing was getting lost in the electric feeling around him.

That momentary pause gave Jungkook the opportunity to try once more what he had initially failed.

My knees buckled and I felt my body drop to the floor as an immediate reaction to Jungkook's absolute power.

But I felt a strong hand find it's way to my lower back and held me firmly from fully dropping to the ground.

"Say what you want about me, but I'm still considerate about your feelings at the end of the day," he jabbed.

I stared him down, "What do you want from me Jeon? I can't reinvent the wheel, I'm sorry."

He huffed, "I'm not asking you to. All I want are answers."

I exasperatedly groaned, "Good god, fine! Ask your stupid questions, see if this changes anything."

I wrenched myself from his grip, seating myself on a random crate since I knew he was gonna keep me here as long as he needed to.

"Let's start with something obvious, what the hell happened between us the other day?"

"Ask yourself that. You were the one that kissed me," I retorted.

"Yeah, but you gave me a very emotional reaction to it so let's talk about it."

"What are you, my therapist?" I rolled my eyes.

"Just talk."

I rolled my eyes, "I told you that day. I'm scared Jungkook. I literally don't know what else to tell you."