25. Nothing

I told Jungkook I'd be calm. I lied.

It was the only way to get out of his stupidly strong hold without breaking his arms, which by the magnitude of my anger, could've very easily happened.

My fury was so insurmountable that every single person I walked past deeply felt the burning rage I was harboring. My influence was so strong that the will not to get angry was simply too much for their feeble mortal bodies.

Fights, arguments, it was glorious. Or maybe the blind rage I had inherited was giving me that high to cope with the utter pain and anger I felt.

I stormed up to the familiar building even more, aggravation building up inside of me as I approached the door.

I aggressively pushed it open, letting it bang on the table right beside it, not-so-accidentally denting both.

But when I got inside, my mother was nowhere to be found.

"Out again. Of course she wouldn't be home. Who could expect anything of her anyway?" I scoffed, angrily throwing a nearby glass at a wall, shattering it into meaningless pieces.

I breathed heavily as I tried to resist the urge to go absolutely berserk and accidentally end up trashing the house.

But something else was triggering my urges and anger more than just my own wild emotions. There was a lingering feeling in the house. One I had sensed before. A feeling that sent chills up my spine and made me itch in irritation.

I winced as a pounding headache thundered in my head.

"Ugh, what the hell," I groaned, gripping the couch for support so I wouldn't fall.

I glanced at the time and noticed it was pretty late, but I decided to just rest on the couch until my mother came home.

There were no more excuses. I was getting answers out of her whether or not she liked it.

Time Skip

I wasn't sure how much time had passed, but it was pitch black outside and I was utterly exhausted.

The irritation had stuck by me with the whole time constantly setting off my impulsive nature.

But when I heard the doorknob turn, I felt my body shoot up on its own.

If there was ever a time for answers, it was now.

My mom stumbled in, not exactly drunk but definitely tipsy. Still, she seemed sober enough to understand my angry words.

"Oh Heeyeon, you're back. You missed our guest again," she said.

"I was out doing a project," I answered shortly, approaching her cautiously so I could remain somewhat coolheaded.

"That's a shame," she said softly.

"Mm, I disagree. See, I learned something pretty important," I said chillingly, approaching the confused woman whom I called mother.

"Like?"

"The truth," I spoke, my voice quieter than a whisper.

"I don't get guessing games Heeyeon," she hummed.

"You broke that contract on several fronts you know. I guess dad wasn't the only lacking parent," I hissed, venom laced in my words.

Her eyes widened in shock, "C-contract?"

"Don't act like you don't know," I huffed.

Her gaze turned icy and a sudden flip switched in her. I could feel it. It was...unnatural.