14. Claim

I sat back on my bed, loudly snorting at a stupid text Jungkook had sent me.

Yeah, we were becoming those people....

I didn't hate it though.

After we had our steamy janitor session make out, the two of us had to discreetly pretend like nothing happened even though those other demigods were quick to catch on to our disheveled looks.

But since then, the two of us have had a bit of trouble finding our mojo within our relationship. To be honest, I wasn't fully comfortable with public skinship and he respected that kindly, but it did result in awkward moments between us.

However, in private and especially in our texts, we were the same old cat and mouse pair.

"Oh my god, you're texting somebody?!" Heesung exclaimed, jumping on my bed with me.

I rolled to my side, not wanting my brother to find out this terribly embarrassing new fact about me.

But he was a relentless little monster and wrestled me for my phone. I was all about roughhousing but I had always had a soft spot for my brother. I would not hurt him no matter what.

So what I managed to do was roll myself off of the bed and then aggressively shout, "Stop fighting me! We need to go!"

For Heesung, school was the most important thing in the universe. That boy would drop everything for school.

I dusted myself off, quickly responding to Jungkook's text before following Heesung out into the freezing early March weather.

The snow of the prior week had stopped falling finally and was now settled on the ground, awaiting for the spring warmth to retire it for the year.

I wasn't really paying attention to what was in front of me so Heesung and I bypassed a certain someone until a few obnoxious honks stopped us.

"Jungkook..." his name fell from lips.

He cockily leaned against the bright red car, his usual smirk playing on his sweet lips.

"Noona? Do you know him?" Heesung asked me, worry laced in his throat.

I coughed awkwardly, "Ah. He's a friend..."

Heesung looked at me worriedly, "You don't have friends. Is he trying to blackmail you or something?"

I playfully shoved my brother, "You're mean."

"Actually kid, she's not wrong. We're friends. Really good friends," his last words mockingly teasing our relationship.

"What are you doing here Jeon?" I asked.

"I came to give you and your brother a ride," he said.

Oh god. That meant not only would my brother start to protectively question Jungkook, but I'd also be forced to pull up to school with Jungkook driving me and anger all of his admirers.

"Oh that's okay Jungkook. It's a short walk, we don't mind," I said.

"No no, I insist. It's freezing, there's no reason to walk in the cold," he grinned.

I looked at Heesung who gave me a guilty look. God this kid would get kidnapped if it weren't for me...

I sighed, "Fine. But we'll make our own way home."

Heesung shyly trotted into the backseat while I gave Jungkook a timid glare. He only smirked, holding the door open for me as if he were a gentleman.

Just before I got in I felt our fingertips brush sending a jolt of electricity through me.

I looked up at him, my lips parted slightly in shock.