48. Last Ditch Effort

Jungkook POV

I held her body close, a raging storm building in me when her eyes fluttered shut. She was still breathing, but there wasn't much more she could take before she completely went under.

The sky flashed in bright colors from the swirling pressure inside.

I looked at the guys who were already on the same page, getting to their feet. You never hurt one of us and got away with it. Especially if it was Heeyeon who instantly had a protection squad around her.

I gently laid her on the ground so she could recover while I picked myself up. Enough of relying on her. I was Jeon Jungkook and I could pack as big of a punch as she could.

Ades was outnumbered now. Going against the elemental powers of Olympian children would hopefully overwhelm him. I refused to let whatever horrible fear Heeyeon had come true.

Jin and Taehyung quickly rushed over to me, sitting beside Heeyeon to watch over her while the rest of us got up towards the battle.

I pressed a quick kiss to her forehead before getting up and staggering over to the others. Taehyung was probably too weak to heal some of her surface injuries right now, but they could at least watch over her.

I joined the others, staring down the out-of-control bastard who dared to lay a hand on my princess.

"I'm gonna kill you, you bastard," I hissed.

"I'd like to see you try," he sneered.

Shaking off the others who were trying to hold me back, I marched right up to the god and socked him right in the face. That punch had nothing to do with the 'Zeus' in me. That was just a plain old, human punch.

And to see him grimace and wipe off his bloodied lip was more than enough for me.

I let bolts of electricity rain down from the sky, trapping the guys, Heeyeon, Ades, and I in a smaller and closer ring of fire. To be honest, if we didn't die fighting, we might go up in flames, but that was beside the point.

The guys quickly joined me in the onslaught, throwing whatever attacks they could to bring him down. At this rate, I just wanted to dish out anything that could work.

Ades took the seven of us head-on, trying to use his manipulation of his stolen powers to screw with ours.

And regretfully so, it was working.

It was hard to use our abilities against him because it almost felt like we were going against one of our own and it was something that was physically taxing to even think about.

My right arm burned as a warning but I'd keep pushing until I'd drop. No matter what it took. We had come this far and there was no way we were going to let our efforts go to waste. There's no way I wouldn't make this asshole pay for what he did to my Heeyeon.

Reinvigorated by this determination, I went in, giving Ades a hell of a time with the electricity he desperately wished to control.

He bared his teeth at me as I inflicted insurmountable pain. Hearing his pained screams was music to my ears as horrible as it sounded.

I was almost certain we would actually beat the god. But as it would seem, he always had something up his sleeve to eventually regain the upper hand.

He was breathing hard from the flurry of attacks on him and the scarring and gashes all across his once glorious and godly body proved that. He wanted to achieve immortality so that he wouldn't have to deal with this again. But he's a fool for thinking the gods would ever let this slide. He'd die with us eventually.