49. Resolution

3rd Person POV

The bodies of the eight heroes laid strewn across the scorched fields, each with their own pain and exhaustion and unable to get out of the fire that was slowly closing in.

It might be easy to think it was the end, but there was an unknown group of people who had remained rather absent throughout the whole ordeal that had finally decided to come forward and give a shit about their children.

Eight magnificent figures descended upon the Earth, each scornfully taking in the sight of the damaged land that had been caused by the impromptu war by their respective children.

"Brother...if you would."

One of the grand figures stepped forward, allowing a massive flood of water to come and wash out the raging fires that were burning the land.

"Nice going. You almost drowned our children," one elegant lady harshly scolded.

"Oh god, not again. Just shut up would you Athena. You're lucky I have half a brain to leave your son alive."

"Well, you're right about that Poseidon. You do only have half a brain!"

"That's enough. Just come for what we came for," the one in battle armor spoke.

The others looked at him curiously.

"The great Ares worrying over his demigod daughter? You must've switched personalities with someone," a woman with a bow chuckled.

Ares glared at her sharply, but let it go for the sake of his daughter.

He dropped down, and with uncharacteristic gentleness picked up his daughter, holding her in a more parental position than any of the others did. They all through their children over their shoulders like a sack of potatoes, but not Ares.

He held his only daughter with a gentleness he had never known he had.

"What about the others?" The god with the lute said, motioning to the other unconscious bodies of demigods.

"Leave them. They will be fine, compared to these eight," Ares said.

"And how would you know that pray tell?"

He looked at his daughter conflictedly, "She wasn't sitting idly by while the boys knocked them out. Being a firstborn, she had the ability to put some sort of protection on her brother and mother against many things, much of which that asshole son of mine couldn't get through. To ensure they weren't mortally wounded or accidentally back in his hold, she put protection on all of them. They'll wake up eventually because of her. I can hear the sirens of those mortal fire brigades coming now."

"And what about their parents?" Ares' beautiful lover questioned.

He grimaced knowing that the parental stuff was complicated with his daughter.

"We can deal with that later. These kids need medical oversight now or they will die," the leader of the group said, staring pointedly at his brother who helped the eight out.

Better known as Olympians and Hades, the eight gods picked up their heroic children and brought them to a world beyond their imagination. A world you only heard about in myths and legends.

Stepping onto the godly world, they passed their worn-out children to the people who would help them get better and rehabilitate them.

And that's exactly what was done. One by one, the demigod children woke up with the care and royal treatment, healing from numerous amounts of their wounds.

The six boys who were struck down by wrath all woke up at relatively the same time, relying on each other as they tried to get back on their feet and overcome the shock and lasting injury of the fight.