19. Discovery Training

Heeyeon POV

It would be really wrong of me to say a significant amount of time passed without anything being done...

Unfortunately, that was the case.

It was easy to get complacent when nothing was happening. After that, it was like Ades disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Bom told us that the others had ended up stupidly sending someone out who got attacked by Ades but if that was the case, he should've been after me.

But he just wasn't. So it was like we settled into a routine of comfort. But after pushing it off for long enough, I decided that if the boys wanted to draw out some of my powers, it was better sooner than later.

I walked on the abandoned train tracks, the fading winter air causing a chill.

"Alright I think we're far enough out now right?" Namjoon asked.

We had walked for a distance so as to not be seen by other people or attract any unwanted guests.

The others nodded affirmatively, spinning so that they were all facing me.

"So how are we doing this?" I asked.

"Truth be told, we have no idea. We could start by showing you what our special abilities are so that maybe you can feel more comfortable and inspired to figure out your own body mechanics," Hoseok said.

I rubbed my arm unsurely, "And you're sure this is gonna work? If I'm gonna fight a weird god, I'd like to be somewhat prepared."

Jungkook cheekily smiled, "We don't know princess. That's what we're about to figure out."

I sighed, unsurely looking at the seven males. But while I was unsure, I knew that I trusted them enough to go along with it. It had been maybe a short three months of us knowing each other and an even shorter month of us being friends, but in that month, I felt like I had found a part of myself with them.

Suddenly, I wasn't fighting urges on my own. And sometimes they went away because I'd get distracted by how genuinely happy I was around them.

I smiled contently as I plopped onto the ground, right in the middle of the train tracks.

"Alright, welcome to Demigods Got Talent! I'm your host Cho Heeyeon and I am here with seven young demigods who will demonstrate their unique abilities in an attempt to wow me~" I joked, making the others snicker at my stupid antics.

"First up we have the son of Aphrodite, Kim Seokjin!"

Jin proudly went up, an aura of poise and grace about him as he confidently took center stage.

"And what will you be presenting sir?" I asked.

He grinned, a sly smile playing on his lips.

"I can make people do things they don't want to do just by talking."

Before I could even register what his 'talent' was, I felt my body pulled towards him as he gave me a gentle smirk.

"Are you listening to me?"

His voice was so soft and silky yet it felt so prominent amongst the other voices of the other boys.

"Don't block yourself. Try to let your instincts go. I won't hurt you I promise," he said.

It was like his words were lulling me into a state of hypnosis as I lost control of my own will.

It was like my mind was a blank canvas waiting to be painted on.