7. Garden

Heeyeon POV

I thrashed around as lightning violently raged around me.

Something was holding me painfully tight and it was clear that it had no intention of letting me go.

"Poor Heeyeon. Poor clueless Heeyeon. It's a shame that someone of such power and potential wasted her life in this mortal world. And it's a shame that your raw ability belongs to you and not me. Your a demigod and I'm a god yet I'm reduced to nothing when I'm against you."

"Let them go!" I screamed, distant cries plaguing my ears.

"I can't dear sister. I can call you that right? You see here my sweet sister, once I've taken every last drop of power from you and tossed you aside like the worthless rag doll you are, then all these demigods won't stand a chance against me. And I can finally realize greatness. I'll no longer have to deal with the disease known as demigods."

I felt the figure dig its nails into my skin making me cry out in pain.

The mark on my right arm was flaring in a pain I had never felt before. I writhed in agony, trying to wrench my hand away, but every time I struggled it just felt like the grip got tighter.

"I-I won't let you..let you hurt anyone," I grimaced, exhaustion rolling over my body like a tidal wave.

"Can't you feel the chaos my sister? You helped realize this dream! These mortals will plunge into war, despair, greed, starvation, poverty just as we were destined to watch."

I tried everything possible to get myself free but no matter what I did, it wasn't enough.

I wasn't enough.

Pain seized me as I shot up, gasping for air.

My chest heaved up and down as adrenaline buzzed in my body. Sweat was cascading down my body and goosebumps ran up and down my skin making it crawl.

The mark of Ares on my arm was burning, not as bad as in the parking lot or in my dream, but it was still unusually painful.

I tried to slow my breathing down and gather my bearings, accepting the fact that it was all just a dream and I wasn't in imminent danger.

Heesung was softly snoring beside me, stirring slightly before rolling onto his side and sleeping again.

In all honestly, that had rattled me too much and there was no way I was going back to sleep anytime soon.

So I quietly slipped out of bed and headed into the living room to think about what just happened in peace.

I hadn't realized it till I stood up but my body was trembling in fear as I stepped. Every step I made faltered slightly causing my knees to buckle.

I managed to push through the anxiety and lay down on the couch with a thud.

I tiredly ran my hands through my hair and let out a strained yawn. At this point there was no way I was going back to sleep, so I stayed up for a bit before switching on the TV.

The first thing that came up was some late night news report. It was talking about another incident that had happened involving a badly beaten girl.

This was the fifth time something similar had happened in the past like month and there were no leads on anything.

If I knew who the perpetrator was, I'd be inclined to just take the madness of every citizen to torch him to the ground.

I chuckled, now that would be a fun show.