21. Hold Me Tight

I was fidgeting with my fingers as I tried to stop my body from the endless trembling that had been happening for the past two hours.

Heesung excitedly rambled to me as we walked to school, but I could barely register a word he was saying in my brain due to the tingling feeling in my right arm.

Maybe that voice was right. I needed to stop beating around the bush and start using the brain I was given to figure this out.

I wasn't a dumb, battle blind zombie. I had a brain. And I knew how to use it. Well, sort of.

But more importantly, my mind was distracted not by the focus and willpower to crush my enemies, but of the traumatizing cries of my dear friends and boyfriend who tried so bravely to protect me.

I have never once cared about another soul besides my brother in my entire life, but seeing that scene unfold in front of me, it made my heart ache in a way that was indescribable.

"Bye noona!" Heesung smiled unknowingly, running off to go hang out with his friends.

While he ran off, I took heavy yet determined steps towards the main building.

And I swear the sound of his familiar laughter brought me so much more joy then I think I've ever experienced in a single moment.

Jungkook was standing there perfectly okay, happily chatting with Hoseok and laughing his butt off.

I wasn't sure what overcame me, but I felt my steps get lighter and quicker as I walked towards him.

I shyly stood to the side, not wanting to interject on their conversation. But Jungkook flashed his innocent bunny smile that made my heart do a backflip as he cutely waved.

"I'll give you two a moment," Hoseok said, giving me a cheeky wink as he walked away.

I looked at Jungkook in awe, feeling the familiar sense of wonder as the first time I laid eyes on him. However this time, I focused less on the gorgeous features of him, and was able to see the features I had grown so accustomed to since we got closer.

His bright and sparkly doe eyes. His precious lips that were so versatile. From sweet kisses at random times just to cheekily catch me off guard to steamy ones that held every ounce of teenage hormone we held. And then there was also the way those same lips curved into the most adorable smile in which is two front teeth popped out like a bunny or the way they formed the most heart-wrenching pout.

There was also the way his big arms just held me in warm embraces. Sometimes I don't expect them, and sometimes I try to pull away because I think hugs are gross but secretly I love when he gives them. And then there were his adorable little fingers that always managed to send a jolt of electricity when ever we held hands, though I'd never tell him that just because I don't want him to ever stop holding my hand.

All these things flooded into my mind as I stared at Jungkook with admiring eyes.

He was here. Living and breathing.

But for a split second, the horrifying image of what I dreamt about popped into my mind. And suddenly I was so scared that I would lose those things I adored so dearly.

Without hesitation, I stepped closer to him and engulfed him in a tight embrace.

In fact, it was so tight that he staggered back with a soft "woah."

I breathed in his sweet scent, getting lost in the intoxicating feeling of him.

His arms instinctively wrapped around me, making me feel sheltered and safe. He was here. He was okay. I was okay. We were okay.