17. Social Fever

Special character appearance this chapter 🙈
_________________________________

"Noona!"

I rolled my eyes, "Stop asking Heesung."

He groaned, "Just tell me!"

"Why does it matter?" I huffed.

"Because my sister is going out to lord knows where with friends that I've never met! What if they're a bad influence!" He exclaimed.

"I can assure you they are anything but a bad influence," I said.

"Oh really? Then why do you sneak out at like midnight to hang out with them and then come back at like four in the morning?" He said.

I sighed, "I knew those idiots were too loud for their own good. Look Heesung, I promise you those guys are not bad influences. They're the first people who have ever understood me okay? And if you want to know so badly, I'm going to a party with them."

"Is that Jungkook hyung one of them?" He questioned.

"Yeah why?"

"Oh my god you are dating him!" He exclaimed.

I choked, "What the heck? What gave you that idea?!"

"All my friends talk about how Jeon Jungkook was taken by some new student. And we've seen the seniors and we assumed it was you," he explained.

Stupid freshman and their rumors.

I didn't answer him and instead went back to make sure I looked halfway decent, but that was enough for Heesung to confirm his theory.

"Ooh noona has a boyfriend~" he chanted.

I glared him, "I will smack you kiddo."

He grinned, "No~ you love me too much. Anyway, I was going to say that if hyung was going, then you'd be okay."

I cocked an eyebrow, "Why do you like him so much?"

"I don't know. He seems cool," he shrugged.

I chuckled, ruffling his hair, "He is very cool. But please don't tell mom. I don't want to hear her nagging."

He zipped his lips as a sign of solidarity, letting me get back to my beautifying.

Not that I really did much. I was wearing an off-the-shoulder black top with black jeans and combat boots to match. I didn't put that much makeup on because I was lazy and my hair was messily tied back in a ponytail.

"Okay I think they're waiting outside for me, so I'm gonna go. Bye. Call me if you need anything," I said.

I rushed out of my room, almost making it to the front door when I was stopped by the last person I wanted to see.

"Cho Heeyeon, where do you think you're going?"

My hand that was almost on the doorknob recoiled in shock and balled into a fist.

"You're back early..." I said softly, unable to meet my mother's dull gaze.

"I got fired. I wonder why," she jabbed.

"Me existing is not the reason you got fired," I mumbled, quiet enough for her to miss it.

There was something off about her. More so than usual. Something familiar yet sinister.

"I thought we were going to have a nice family dinner but here you are blowing off your family and your chores and homework," she snapped.

I rolled my eyes, "I did my chores hours ago mom. And I have the weekend to do my homework."