Misunderstanding

It's been 3 days and the bronze head tried her best to distance herself, to get rid of the unnecessary feelings because that's the only solution she could come up with. She doesn't want ruin her friendship with Suna like what happened to her and Keiji, well it's not exactly ruined it's just... Awkward since the day she sent off her Tokyo friends, she gave her response to his confession last time.

"Sorry Keiji, I-I like someone else.."

"I know.. It's just, I don't want you to get hurt. I want the best for you so, if he did something wrong.. I'm still here not just someone who likes you, but a friend.."

That's the last conversation they had then he flashed her a pained smile, a smile only broken hearted can show.

"Akari-san, I'll walk you to yer bus station.." The said girl leaped out of her seat. The team is cleaning now and she's spacing out.

"N-No.. It's okay, I can walk by myself.." She said since the lampposts are fixed now.

"I see.. Are y--"

"SunaRin don't be too lazy or we'll left ya here.." Atsumu said making the lazy middle blocker groan running a hand on his hair.

"I'll get going now.." Yana said excusing herself grabbing her stuff.

Suna Rintarou is not an idiot. He knows that the bronze head is trying her best to avoid him. What's wrong? If Reika has something to do with this he'll rip her body parts apart.

"What? No! You should ask her!" Reika said wiping the dust forming at the piano.

"You know I can't.."

"Aw.. Is Suna too shy to approach his cwushieee?" Reika cooed, the said man bonked her head. "Ouch! Ya stupid bean Pole!" She shouted rubbing her head.

"It's not like that.." He said leaning in the window.

"YOU KNOW WHAT?! JUST TALK TO HER DAMNIT.." Reika said looking at the same spot Yana confessed her feelings at. "Seriously.. Go talk to her, only you guys can sort this out."

"What? I'm only asking her if she has anything to do with Yana's behaviour.." He thought.

"Fine.." He said stepping out of the door.

****

Yana is sitting on her desk early in the morning reading some of her notes since she forgot to put her book on her bag. There's still no Suna near her so she tried her best to divert her thoughts on her notes.

"Ohayou.." the door slid open, It's Suna.

"O-Ohayou.." She uttered focusing back on her notes.

"Yana.."

Did he just called her in first name? This alone made the butterflies on her stomach swirled around.

"H-Hai..?"

"Do you.. Hate me?" It's an innocent question coming from him.

"N-No! I.. Don't hate you Suna-san..." She said facing him with red face.

"Call me Rintarou.."

"R-Rintarou.."

"That's better.." He said sitting down beside her. "Then why are you avoiding me?"

"I have my.. Reasons.."

"She didn't even denied the fact that she's avoiding me.." He thought.

"What reason?" he said leaning on her side more.

"If I told you.. Will you.. Hate me?" She asked back eyes glued on his. She know that she have to settle this thing now, there's no turning back.

"I won't.." He said waiting for her response.

"I have.. Hoshi-san's heart.."

"What?" He thought brows knitting together.

"The time when I was just a first year student here, they pulled me out of school because I'm sick," She started. "Then, it became worse than before so my parents decided to do the last thing.." She said looking at his eyes again. "The doctors performed a very delicate operation.. They replaced my heart with a help of a donor.. And that donor is Hoshi-san.."

"What a coincidence.." He thought trying to process everything.

"Then why are you avoiding me?" He asked, her explanation isn't valid. Of course he's shocked but Hoshi literally replaced her so he think that's the least she can repay her.

"Do you hate me now?" She asked with her innocent look.

"No.. I promise I won't right?" he's too calm and collected now, Yana thought he'll be mad if she told him the truth.

"I feel bad for--"

"Please don't say you feel bad for replacing her.. Yana, I need to tell you something too since I think you already forgot.." He said cutting her off.

"What do you mean Su-Rintarou-san?"

"Hoshi tried to replace you.. It's very stupid of me to believe she's you.."

"What?" another puzzle to solve.

"We used to play before.." He said, the girl infront of him listening carefully.

"It's him.." She thought.

The broken shards of every dreams she had became whole, The blurred images became clear on her mind. The memories, the past, the ring, Hoshi and all the bullying.

"You're... The boy in my dreams..?" she thought realizing everything.

"You used to call me.. Rin."

'Rin..' that's the name of the boy.

So it's not Hoshi's memories? It's all hers? All that time, she's dreaming all her deepest desire.. Desire to see this man infront of her.

"So I'm a little bit surprised when you call me that the very first time I met you.. Because only Hoshi calls me with that nickname.. It turns out that she got it from you.." He said looking outside the window. "Akari Yana, yer the Girl I promised to marry before.."

Her eyes widened face flushed red as blood rushed on her face madly. She can feel the steam rising on her head.

"I promised myself not to hurt you again.. I won't let you escape now.." Rintarou placed his hands on her reddened cheeks. "Because I like you more than a friend.. Since the very start."

She stared at him with her puzzled eyes. But.. He loves Hoshi right? Since she's with him all these years. Then why say something like that? Is he pitying her or he's just guilty?

"I like you too Rintarou-san.." She said with a pained face. "more than a friend.. But I like you because I see you as you right now.. And not as a child you made promise with.. If you're saying all of this because you pity me or you regret falling for the wrong person please.. Just," She bit her lip. "please just forget about your feelings.." She said walking out the door. "Please excuse me, I'm going to see Reika-chan.." She bowed disappearing from the hallway.

"Yeah.. That's good Rintarou.. You fucked up again.."