Strawberries

Yesterday's Jam session was a disaster. The two, Atsumu and Reika, ended up cleaning the whole house while the others slept until sunset. It might be boring for but for Akari Yana she used it to write songs while nobody is listening.

The bronze hair girl sat up on her futon. Rubbing her eyes she stood up and showered. Yawning lightly she looked at her Mom finishing up her breakfast. She sat down and looked at her Dad reading the daily newspaper.

Grandma is watching television, Grandpa holding her hand while explaining what is happening in the show. Yana mentally smiled. Her grandparents are inseparable.

"Yoshiro, My strawberries are ready to be pick.. Go harvest them later." Grandpa said to Yana's Dad.

"Can I go Dad?" She asked politely.

"Yes, of course sweetheart, let's just rest for a bit then we'll start collecting them."

"Shinsuke will be dropping off later too, Ren wants to make strawberry jam." Grandpa said feeding Grandma.

"Speaking of Shinsuke.. We have a lot of things to talk about.."

****

Wearing her black dress and her hat as she walk with her Father basket on her hands. Hyogo is a very peaceful and beautiful place. She's glad that she grew up here.

"Hey Sweetheart.. let's have a race since we haven't play for a while.." Her Dad said holding up his basket.

Time really pass by like the cold breeze every morning. She remembered playing with her friends--scratch that she only have one friend and she doesn't even remember what's their name or where they are now.

"Hey Dad, I used to play here before righ--"

"Shinsuke! Yer too early.." Dad called out. "I see, you brought a bunch of friends with you today.. So I'll be going since Yana have some company now."

"Dad, are you saying you tag along because I'm lonely?" Akari asked.

"Nah--"

"It's just a joke Dad.."

The others looked at each other. The way she said it doesn't have any hint of fun. Oh yes.. Right.. Another Kita Shinsuke.

"Sorry.. I said they can tag along if they want.."

Yana looked at Shinsuke's companions, The boy's volleyball club. Beside him the twins, Atsumu grinning at her and Osamu with his deadpan expression. A yawning Suna in between Akagi and Aran. Ginjima is waving at her with Omimi standing awkwardly.

"Shin, Why did you give my number like it's nothin'?" Yana stood up placing both of her hands on her hips blowing her bangs away from her face.

"Sorry, the twins needed to pass so I think--"

"Nah.. S okay.. Help me out will ya?" She said handing him her basket, she eyed the members standing beside Shinsuke. Tilting her head her eyebrows knit for a bit like something is bothering her. "7 more baskets.."
She turned her heel around, she went inside the barn and held out 8 more baskets since she gave hers to Shinsuke.

She gave each of them with a deadpan expression. The others looked surprise and started to look on each other.

Suna's eyebrows narrowed. It's early in the morning and they should be practicing but it turns out the place is occupied by another school. Practicing in Sunday early in the morning really is a drag.. He should be sleeping till 1:00 pm today but because of Kita's announcement of extra practice he forced his self out of his comfy bed. Now he's standing infront of the Girl he least wanted to see today. It's not like he despise the girl but the longer he stare more memories of her floods out.

"Why? Yer going to help is right?" She asked eyes full of innocence she tilted her head cutely, and of course she doesn't even know the impact of her action is.

The boys mentally cried,

"Too cute for my eyes!"

"Of course! 'Samu! I'm going to beat yer ass this time.." Atsumu smirked reaching out a strawberry peeking behind the leaves.

"Eat my dust Pig.." Osamu said picking two.

The twins then started to challenge each other again. The rest of them picked the strawberry silently.

Not feeling well about dealing with the twins Rintarou choose to pick some away from the chaotic group. The twins' energy seems to double today and even Kita's scolding doesn't work well. The others just sighed trying to separate the two away, as far as possible.

Suna's eyes travelled around the place. His eyes landed on the Girl far from him and the group. He looked at her curiously. He noticed her looking around so he lift off his gaze for a while and glance back at her again. After she confirmed no one was looking she popped one then two and tree strawberries on her mouth. She smiled happily and contented. She really do like strawberries. He thought lifting his gaze off her and focusing on his own basket.

Yana's phone buzzed, the lazy middle blocker looked at her placing her basket down she turned her heel and walk away answering the phone call. He looked at her retreating back. He doesn't want to pry but his ears are betraying him completely.

"Suna, are ye finish? Let's drop this off the house now.." Kita said his other teammates behind him.

"Yes... Let's go I want to sleep.." He said stealing a glance from the Girl.

Then something happened, she looked flustered and her eyes sparkling in happiness as she smile genuinely. Her short bronze hair and dress danced with the wind, her left hand holding her hat up preventing it to fly.

That, he hated to admit it but, That is the most adorable thing he saw. Something inside his chest made him sick. No one has ever done this to him. Making him mix his emotion like it's some recipe or somethin'.

He hated himself, how could he think of someone else when he swear to her that his heart will always be hers since that day? How could he be attracted to someone that isn't her?

It is settled then, he need to forget her completely and limit his contact with Akari Yana. In that way, maybe-- just maybe, he can finally forget her completely.