Paintings

Why..? What the heck happened that leads him sitting infront of Akari's Convenience store? Ah, yes.. It's Reika's stupid fault for texting him in the middle of the peaceful night saying that he'll be the one helping Akari with the background. Groaning his eyes traveled back to his phone screen, cursing the dark green haired girl inside his mind multiple times he shove his phone back to his pocket.

"It's not too late to go back to bed." He said, looking at the time which reads 10:07 am.

"Meow.." a familiar kitten purred on his leg.

"Mimi.. Why are you here? You should be inside." He asked lifting the kitten in his arms.

"Miiii.. There you--Oh! Suna-san..." Yana said looking at the two, the kitten leap on her direction. "Ya found yer Dad!" She grinned hugging the kitten.

He distract himself scrolling through his phone's screen, trying to hide the blush forming on his cheeks.

"They won't come right?" She said petting Mimi.

"They won't.. They had their own things to settle today.." He said. "Let's start.." He shoved his hands to his pockets.

"Right.. Let's go.." She said leading him inside their house.

****

Reika is sleeping soundly inside her room, curtains restraining the sunlight to touch her dark cozy room. Her alarm clock shows 9:30 am and no one can stop her not even her alar--

"REIKA WAKE UP! YER FRIENDS ARE WAITING!" The voice of her Mom which is louder than any alarms clock made her eyes shot open.

She dragged her feet and cleaned herself first before heading out of her room.

"What bad wind takes you guys here?" She asked yawning.

"Have you forgotten about the plan?" Osamu asked.

"Nah.. Suna and Yanacchan will do the background.. We need to double check the ingredients and the other things we will be using.." She said. "Come on.. We need to get going too.."

"Wow.. Says the one who sleeps for additional 30 minutes.."

"I can hear ya Atsumu.. Don't make me punch ya.." Reika said yawning again.

"Is it one of yer plan? Reika?" Hitoshi asked.

"Nah... They really need to finish that, knowing Yanacchan she could easily come up with beautiful designs since she's making the cover of her own notebooks and books.." Reika said. "She can do the work better than any of us combined.."

"Then why did ya sent Suna there?" Osamu asked.

"So he could plan by his own.." She said. "It's not everyday I'm here to give him advice.. Like when they are planning for their wedding.. I don't want to be the one pickinh the wedding's color--"

"Okay.. We get it.." Osamu said covering his ears

"Osamu! Don't cover yer ears like that! You makes me feel like a horrible person who just buried a body!" Reika said with a horrified face.

"Yer Mom said--"

"Mom said nothin' now let's just finish this and lemme live in peace.."

****

Her room looks so simple, neat and traditional. The glow in the dark strawberry, moon and stars stickers making it looks like a a child's room, this reminds him of his little sister's room when she's just 6.

The blue painted walls are spotless,  curtains neatly tied and a little shelf filled with books. There's a corner full of strawberry stickers varies in different color and sizes.

"She really do love strawberries.."

Not to mention.. Her room is really really REALLY bright, it makes his eyes narrow even more.

"Please make yer self comfortable.." Yana said placing a cup of tea infront of him.

"Oh.. Hi there Young Man.." AkariMom said. "Yana sweetie, I'll be going outside, Grandpa and Grandma are still sleeping so don't raise your voice mkay? Dad is in the store if you need anything.."

"Yes Mom.. Take care.." She said waving her Mom off. "Uh.. Suna-san.. We can make the background outside.." She said picking up the unused paints she stock for years.

Once they reached the field memories flash through his eyes...

This is the place where he used to play with her.. Their meeting place.. But their house wasn't there before..

"Suna-san.. I forgot something.. Feel free to look around.." She said going back inside.

Several Vegetables.

Apple trees.

Strawberries.

Wild flowers.

He noticed the discarded Canvass near the back yard. He tried to pull the covers off. The canvass is full of unwanted lines and imperfect strokes, but its still beautiful in a way. Why abandon all of it here?

"Let's start now.. Suna-san.." She said grabbing the pencil.

"You.. Designed this?" He asked looking at the black and white sketches..

"Yes.. Is it.. Awful?" She asked.

"No.. It's beautiful.."

"It is?" Her eyes became alive again.

"Yes.. It is.." He stared deep in her chocolate pools.

"R-Right.. Let's get going.."

After sketching a few lines and talking about their other plans for the festival Mimi walked in making a real mess. The kitten's tiny foot prints went across the big white board.

"Mimi! You ruined it!" Yana said looking at her kitten. Sleeping in the middle of their work. "It's not good anymore.." She sighed.

Without any second thought Suna soaked his hands through the green paint slowly painting the bush, covering the kitten's foot prints.

"Ya know.. Sometimes, everything doesn't have to be perfect.. Not everything will be going according to your plans.." He said repeating his actions until the bush became fully green. "I saw the paintings.. Is that all yours?"

She nodded looking at his master piece. Her eyes traveled on his work.. It's not perfect but it's beautiful. "I thought nobody will like it so I gave up doing paintings and stick to sketching.."

"Can I have one?"

"You.. Want one?" Her eyes sparkled with happiness.

"Yeah.. That's if its okay.."

"You can take any painting you want Suna-san.." She smiled at him. "and I want to thank you for.. Making this day fun.. I-I really appreciates yer advice.."

"Quit that.. We're not yet done.. Ya suppose to say that after we finish this.."

"Oh yeah.. Sorry.." She scratched the back of her head.