Departing

It's been a while since Akari Yana settled down on Fukurodani Academy. She found herself closer to the players and the sport itself. She often went to practice matches between some school like Itachiyama. Today she sat down with the 2 managers, Suzumeda Kaori and Shirofuku Yukie.

"Watch for stray balls Akari.." Suzumeda said while she nod her head.

The opposing team came over. If she wasn't mistaken this team made a bond with them, having practice matches with their school together. They specialises in defense so it'll be a good practice for Bokuto's spikes. Nekoma.

Watching their warm ups she could tell that they live on their school name. They were flexible as a cat like waht the other managers said.

Nekoma's setter with the cat like eyes ready to pounce on it's prey met with her dark brown ones.

There's a bell ringing again. She could literally tell that there's no bell around and it's just her ears playing tricks with her.

'Rin?'

There it is.

The urge to say that unfamiliar name. There's no explanation on that as she shrugged it off paying attention to her phone.

"What's wrong?" A familiar voice said approaching her.

She looked up to see Akaashi looking at her with those mysterious eyes of his.

"Nothing..." She mumbled.

"I'll take you home wait for the practice match to be over." He said patting her head.

****

The practice matches are fruitful for the both team. It turns out that Nekoma's captain and Bokuto are more like brothers than just good friends.

The two, Akaashi and Akari walked side by side creating a mini conversation.

"So, how's Hyogo for you?" He asked looking at the dark sky.

"Hyogo is fine.. It's a little bit colder there every night." She said hugging herself indicating the cold.

"How long since you started homeschooling?"

"Half of my first year," She mumbled. "You see, I had a heart disease before so they have to pull me out from school and home schooled me."

"You said you used to go Inarizaki right?" he asked looking at the petite girl.

"Yes.. I don't really know someone from there.. Maybe I can remember a few faces but no. I can't remember their names." She replied

"I understand," He chuckled remembering her very first day. "you're the type of person who rather stuck their noses on their books than socialising."

"Mhm.." She hummed.

After a few minutes of walking they finally made it to the train station. People are everywhere and the both of them made their way inside the crowded train.

****

The young lady went up on her room. She tried to read her book, headset on she lay on her stomach. Flipping the pages gently, she heard her door open.

Removing her headset she looked at her Mom and Dad looking at her. Sighing she rose up. Her eyes met theirs, they seemed troubled. Is there something wrong?

"What's wrong?" She asked lips pressed thinly.

"We have to say something important to you.." her Dad said looking at her Mom.

"Let's talk about it downstairs.." Her Mom said.

They are all seated on the dining table. There's a deafening silence between the three of them. She looked at her Mom then her gaze flickered on her Dad's face.

'There's something wrong..'

"Yana.. Your Grandma, she's sick.." Her Mom said making her eyes widen.

Her Grandma back in Hyogo took care of her since she was little. She's the one who introduced the Wonders of book to her. There's no way she's sick. She's so well before they left Hyogo.

"Grandma? You must be kidding.. She's tougher than you two combined."

"Sorry Honey.. We need to take care of Grandma," her Dad said. "We have to move back to Hyogo again."

"Oh.."

The couple looked at each other. They know that Yana is not good to socialising. But since they move here in Tokyo, they noticed that she's literally happy. They knew that Yana always put on her usual deadpanned and uninterested look but here in Tokyo she smiled often. Not to mention, that dudes named Akaashi and Bokuto walked her home too so as a couple who only have one offspring, that happened to be a girl, they listed the both of them as a 'Potential Boyfriend'. They even tried to talk about rules when having a boyfriend but she shrugged it off saying that those two are her friends.

Seeing their daughter with her pained expression made their own heart sank.

"Sorry darling.. You can still visit here if you want." Her Mom said holding her hands.

"Thank you Mom, Dad." She smiled.

As for Yana, yes she's disappointed that she'll be leaving her friends but her grandma being sick weigh more important. She completely understand the situation they're currently facing. She smiled softly when her parents said that she could still visit her friends.

Later that night, she bid her farewell saying that she's going back to Hyogo again. The group chat went wild after she send her goodbyes. Bokuto is still loud trying to start a video call but they all declined it making him go offline then tried to convince her on staying.

Her last week on Fukurodani is one of the best memories she had. They decided to throw her a farewell party that Friday night. They all went to a famous restaurant Shirofuku's family owns.

That Friday night when Akaashi walked her home, he suddenly blurt out three unfamiliar word that made her nervous.

"I like you.."

She wants to open her mouth and say something. True that the young lad caught her eye, he's an eye candy after all, and she developed some infatuation that was closed to 'liking someone' but her lips refused to say it back.

True that she want to say that she's not ready for any relationship related thingy but she doesn't want to let go of that certain feeling, being someone important to the opposite sex.

What is that thing again? Yeah right, attention. It's her first time feeling this kind of attention.

"I'm not yet ready.." After being frozen for a while she finally respond.

"It's okay.. I know you're new to this kind of thing," He smiled kissing her forehead. "I'll text you later."

The young man left her lips parted. There are butterflies on her stomach. Why does leaving Tokyo hurts so bad?