Akari Yana

!There might be some grammar error!

I don't own Haikyuu!

****

Akari Yana. A normal 1st year student from Inarizaki high. She's your typical girl who live for the good of her future, well who doesn't? Right?

Library is her playground.

Classroom is her battlefield.

Music is her company.

Books are her reality.

The simple life of hers goes on and on until one day..

Her heart continues to fail. Day by day, she could feel the disease eating her very soul and now her physical body. She was forced to be home schooled.

Then one day it finally reached its final stage, making her collapse in the middle of their hallway.

Her parents decided to do the last option.

****

Her bronze colored locks sprawled over the hospital's bed. Her chest heaved up and down meaning she's still there, she's still breathing, she's still alive.

Her eyes fluttered open as tears flowed through her cheeks. Without any second thought, forcing her lips to open, she let out an unfamiliar name.

"R-Rin?"

'huh..? Why am I.. Crying?' she tried to wipe her tears away.

With her vision still fuzzy she brought her hands up. Seeing different tubes surrounding her. She let out a sigh mentally.

'I lived..' She thought scanning the room around her.

The door sprang open. Her Mother dropped the bags she's holding while her father sprinted towards her direction.

"What happened?" She asked voice a little hoarse.

"Shh... Don't talk hun," her Mom shushed her. "save your energy.. You need to be strong." She said caressing her daughter's head.

"I-I remember walking then.."

"You collapsed," Her Dad said. "Then we rushed you here.. They performed a very sensitive operation."

"Ope-Operation?" She asked clutching her chest.

"Yes.. You're so lucky to have a donor.."

****

Months passed by like the summer breeze in Tokyo. They moved out of Hyogo the day after she was discharged.

Today she can finally get out of the house and live her life like a normal 2nd year teenager. She hope that this day, her first day attending Fukurodani Academy will be fruitful.

There's just something bothering her almost everyday. Her mind refuse to project the broken images because it really isn't familiar to her.

Clutching her bag like she usually do she ignored the eyes darting on her back. Her bronze color hair swayed on her back as she walk awkwardly. You can't blame her though, she's home schooled for a while and she's not the extroverted type too.

Reaching the main building she could still feel the other students looking at her like she's a new animal inside a large zoo.

She stood outside the Class 2-5's classroom. Waiting for her to be called out she keep recalling all the dreams she had last night. She tried to put all the dreams together but with the blurry images and unfamiliarity she forgot some of the details the very moment she open her eyes.

The only thing she could remember is that darkness will always come and suck the dream out of her head then she'll open her eyes.

"Akari-san..." her supposed to be class adviser called her snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Yes.." She said flinching slightly.

She started to walk infront of the class. Eyes on her they keep on staring at her like a predator looking at its prey, This is the highest class for 2nd year after all.

"Akari Yana, I'm from Hyogo. I'm Home schooled for a while but I went to Inarizaki highschool before." She said.

A series of nice to meet yous and welcome to Fukurodani Academy was heard. She smiled timidly at them.

"Please take a sit beside Akaashi-san. Akaashi-san please raise your hand." The said Akaashi raised his right hand.

She took a seat beside him. Pulling out her newly bought notebook and pen she started to scribble down the important notes while her teacher Discuss about Biology.

"Sorry, my pen went under your table." She heard her seat mate mumbled. She turned to look at him.

She caught his eyes then there's a sudden spark inside her mind. Blurred images started to flash in her very own eyes making her forget about the pen..

"Hey.. Are you okay?" She finally snapped out of her day dream. She nodded reaching out the pen under her table. She handed it over, mind drifting on those images.

****

"Hey, Hey, Hey! Akaaaaaashi! Toss to me!" a loud voice echoed through the hallway. The door then finally open, an owl-like man called Akaashi's name.

She quietly left the room looking for a quiet place to read her newly bought book her Mom gave her.

The book was in titled 'shades of black' the black colored leather cover was crafted very well. The pages was designed to look like an old antique paper.

Settling down the green grass under the big camphor tree she read the summary.

'Darkness is there.. It is everywhere.. You can avoid it but you can't hide from it forever..'

It interest her so she proceeded on chapter 1.

It's an interesting book. Her eyes that once lit up in amusement gain it's own fire as her eyes wander through the words chosen carefully.

She keep on reading, enjoying her sweet time deciphering some eye catching codes and mystery cases. Little did she know, there's a ball directed to her in a lightning speed knocking her book down near the mud.

A small frown visible on her pale face as the once beautiful book became one with the dirt. She sighed picking it up, gladly it's not wet.

"Sorry.. That's my fault.." A voice behind her said in a calm manner.
She turned around looking at her seatmate.

A bell.

'Rin?'

A voice.

"Rin?" she blurted out covering her mouth she exhaled. "Sorry.. I didn't meant to say that.." She said.

"Don't apologise.. I'm the one who needed to apologise since I kinda ruin your book.." He bowed.

That day she found herself closer to Akaashi Keiji and the rest of Fukurodani volleyball club. There's just something that made her comfortable being with Akaashi. It made her sleep tight every night but the darkness didn't stop sucking the dreams away before she even decipher it.