Avoid.. Avoid.. Avoid

Akari ended up asking if she could join  2 clubs at once, her adviser said that she can but she had to make sure that she can participate on both clubs. She'll be attending the volleyball club as a manager regularly since the music club doesn't have any activities because of the decreasing number of the members. Reika being the president of the club, hangs out with the volleyball team almost every day so that means she'll be seeing her inside the gym too.

She's walking towards the powerhouse' gymnasium on her PE uniform. Ignoring the stares drilling on her back. The glares of the twin's fangirls made her want to cry but she can't, there's so many things she had to do.. Why spend time crying over nonsense?

She slid the door open bowing politely Shinsuke lead her to their coach. The coach explained how things works and she being the obedient one jot it down like carefully.

"Coach, she had a heart disease history so she can't really exhaust herself.." Kita explained.

"It's fine.. All she have to do is to refill the water bottles and list down some important information we can use near future.."

"That's fine for me.. Coach.." She said.

She watched them with analytical eyes. Their boys volleyball club really is something. She remembered Fukurodani's plays before, her last school's volleyball team is a very strong one especially because the team had their top 4 ace in the whole Japan.

"I wonder what their doing right now.. Nah.. Probably practicing.."

She went out and refilled the water bottles. She saw the lazy middle blocker coming late.

"Anou.. Suna-san? Do--"

Before she even finish her sentence he closed the door infront of her. That made the her chest clench in pain. He hates her and he's trying his best to ignore her.

"I really should have waited until they left last time so that he won't see me eating all those strawberries at once.."

****

"There she is again.." The middle blocker thought..

He's avoiding her, the more he saw her the more he wants to think that she's alive, thinking of her as Hoshi and he doesn't want that. He doesn't want to question his feelings for his beloved girlfriend, he doesn't want to question those years of memories and promises just because of the unexpected girl who has the same face and same hobbies with her popping out like a mushroom.

It's better to avoid this girl than to admit that..

Akari Yana is a better version of his beloved girlfriend.

She's replacing Hoshi as the top student, she's replacing Hoshi as Reika's friend, she's replacing Hoshi everywhere..

He doesn't want to come to the point that She'll replacing Hoshi in his heart so it's better to block her out of his sight right? Well that's what Middle blockers do right?

"Anou.. Suna-san? Do--"

Just like that he closed the gym door right after her face. Feeling a little bit guilty because of his actions he shaked it off and change to his practice clothes.

****

Suna Rintaro sighed, she's staring at him. He can feel the aura she's emitting, her eyes narrowing and both fist clenching.

"What's wrong with this girl?"

Well who knows? She might be planning on replacing his girlfriend in his life, not that he'll let that happen.

"Don't mind her... Don't mind her... Get yer stuffs.. Leave the gym immediately.." He thought fighting the urge to skip coach's tips and observation.

After giving some tips, he walked out quickly and change to his spare clothes. He made sure that he made it out without sighting the Girl.

"Anou.. Suna-san?"

"Crap.." He sighed. She managed to caught up with him at the end.

"What?" He sounded boring, voice laced with a hint of 'can't ya see that I'm tryin' to avoid you? ' tone.

"So yer avoiding me.." She sounded like an abandoned puppy left in the middle of nowhere.

He chose to keep silent, trying to walk faster than her.

"Sorry if.." She hesitated, voice full of visible pain.

He stopped and faced her. Light illuminating her dark brown orbs and her copper hair. Hands clenched on her side.

"Sorry if I hog up all the strawberries at once.. I knew yer staring at me last time." She forced out.

He blinked twice, thrice. He couldn't believe this girl. She's smart right? But why does it looks like that she's lacking common sense?

"I-I knew that ya think I'm selfish because--"

"Baka, I'm not avoiding you because of that.." He face palmed. "It's because you remind me of her, and I want to move on." Why the heck did he say the reason why he's avoiding her again?

"Oh.. That's a possibility too.." She muttered placing her hand on her chin nodding in agreement.

"Why? Aren't you mad at me?" He asked a little bit of guilty because of his previous actions.

"Hmm? Why would I? I mean there's nothing to be mad off right?"

"No.. You should've been mad at me because I choose to ignore you, because I slam the door in yer face, because I've been a jerk to ya.." He said guilt eating his soul.

"Is that a reason to be mad for?" She asked tilting her head subconsciously.

"Nevermind.." He said walking ahead of her.

"Suna-san, I wish we can be friends.." She said wholeheartedly.

"Maybe.." He muttered enough for her to hear.

He spared her one last glance. She's jotting something on her watermelon themed notebook.

"A potential friend.." She whispered pumping her fist lightly walking back to the gym.

He let out an amused smile. It's just no matter how much he tried to act that he doesn't want to see her and how he is so desperate to avoid her, He really can't hate a smart idiot like her.