Karma

The flashback will be told by Kirishima.

****

I remembered that first time I saw you, Suna Rintarou. I'm playing with Yumeko Mei my bestfriend that moment we she said that she might like you I got jealous. My little heart got jealous and I don't want to feel that so I decided to befriend you. The only thing that ruined my plan is that freak bitch.

Akari Yana, she took him away from me. I tried to befriend him but it's useless, je seemed to be paying more attention to her so I hated her, with all my soul.

Mei and I tried our best to make you look ugly but in return he'll always be there to call you beautiful and even give you flowers. While me, I always got the cold shoulder.

My 5 years old heart was broken pretty lame right? But it seems to be that way because he promised her that he'll be marrying her someday. The tiny little that has been shattered into pieces tried it's very best to mend itself. Luckily I had Mei with me, a loyal friend who got my back.

I tried my best to learn everything she excel at. Music, Academics, Heck even her looks.

I just had to do that, to make him realize that I'm here. That I'm better than Akari Yana, that Kirishima Hoshi is the better version of Akari Yana.

It pained me to see him ignoring me, he's praising and showered her attention. The time when Rinrin called me annoying filled up the bucket and I think I just made a horrible mistake.

"It's yer fault Rin doesn't want to play with me anymore!"

I pushed her causing her to fall and knock her head down.

I don't know but staring right infront of my hands I never felt so happy, Rinrin will play with me now.

I turned around and saw him looking at me with horror.

" Why d'ya do that?!" He pushed me and I fell on my back.

He gave her a piggy back ride and run towards the Akari's household.

That's the last time we saw her. Feeling a little bit relieved that I don't have to deal with her bullshit made me feel so happy, but it seems that destiny wanted to separate us and we moved back to Kyoto.

Grade school, I tried my best to learn everything she's good at. I tried my best to study and study and study that I aced all my exams.

I took a lot of lessons, singing lessons, and I even learn playing with all the instruments I touched. Day by day I wanted to improve, to impress Rinrin until one day, first year in middle school I saw him again. I couldn't help but to admire him from my seat.

Mei turned out to be there and she even looked good with glasses, we talk a lot and started mending our forgotten friendship.

I entered my first competition and I won, I couldn't be more proud of myself. Then the least expected person showed up and congratulate me.

"Good job," He said smiling softly, I could feel my cheeks burning that time. "Yer, that gurl from before right? Yer the Girl I used to play with?"

Looking at him confusely I smiled sweetly, muttering a little "Yes.."

****

"Hoshi, don't even try to be Akari infront of Rintarou-kun.." Mei said crossing her arms.

"Are ya jealous that he might actually like me?"

"If you continue to pretend someone yer not, you'll end up crying in the end." She said a little bit concerned about me.

"Ya know that I've been waiting for this moment to arrive Mei, I can't let go of this.."

"Even if you risked our so called friendship?"

"Yeah.. It's not like yer loyal or somethin', yer crushing on him too.." I said putting on my lip gloss..

"Yeah.. Maybe I am, Maybe I am crushing on him.. But I won't risk our friendship because of him." She walked out and that's the last time I saw her.

Second year of middle school, when I won my 4th competition, Rintarou confessed to me. That's the best day ever in my life. Finally, I have him.

We've been together since that time. Then first year at Inarizaki highschool I saw my greatest nightmare.

Akari Yana, sitting alone at the corner of Class 1-5's room. Her hair is longer and I thought she kept her hair short until now..

Trying my very best to avoid her she disappeared again, that made me breathe freely.

Everything is doing fine but it ended the night I fought with Rin, The night I discovered that Karma is real.

****

Watching those memories here in this empty room I felt so lonely. My heart, it's beating, it's alive, and it belongs to someone I least expect to have it.

Akari Yana, she has my heart and its beating on her chest keeping her alive, maybe it's just payback because I took her life before I live in her shadows.

She transferred school and I saw her interact with Fukurodani's boys volleyball club especially with their setter. He looked like Rin at some point.

Then there's this Nekoma team and their setter's eyes looked like Rin's too so I keep on staring at it whenever they're around for practice matches.

I realize something, Akari and I is connected and every time I think of my memories, she can see it to so maybe.. I can still get back together with Rin.. All I have to do is to take over her body.

****

"And that was your plan? To take over the girl's body so You can have that boy all by yourself?" Miyamichi asked yawning. "You're a love sick puppy.. Up until now and you're still bothering the poor man's feelings?"

"What's wrong with that?!And he loves me too!"

"Everything is wrong Missy, Correction he doesn't love you, he loves This girl you're bothering.." Miyamichi said stating the obvious. So all you have to do is to be a good girl so I can put you on where you belong.."

"Like it's going to happen.."

Miyamichi touched her and she felt like burning.

"All I wanted to say is that, you're lame.. You're becoming the devil itself.." Miyamichi said, making her look at the mirror infront of her.

She stumbled back seeing her reflection. She looked like a horrible monster.

"See that? Missy? That's your true form..." Miyamichi said touching her forehead. "Rest now.. Don't ever come back.."

"You can't do this to me! I still have something I wanted to do! I can't let him go back to her!" She said disappearing from the darkness.

"Seriously.. I have school tomorrow and Toru wants to hang out.."

****

Yana woke up panting. It seems like  a large weight was lifted off her shoulders as she sink back on her pillow even more.

For the first time since her operation, she finally had her peaceful dreamless sleep.