Bystander

Battling with his innerself Suna Rintarou walked around the hallway. Scrolling down his phone, which Kita forbid him from doing so because he might tripped down, he stumbled on a hopping Reika with costumes in her hands making her fall down the ground.

"Watch yer step bean pole," She said rubbing her back. "Good timing I have a question for ya.."

"What is it.. I'm going to do something important.."

"NAHH.. Yer just going to sleep in our club room again!" She said dragging the bean pole with her. "One question and one answer OK?"

"Whatever.. Do I have a choice?" He said sighing, he just wanted to sleep.

"Do you.. Like Yana?"

"No," He said with a bored expression. "can I go now?"

"I thought you've already moved on with Hoshi! Now don't be shy and answer me genuinely.. I'll be quiet promise!" She grinned.

"Yer breaking yer so called promise right now.." He said looking at her grinning face.

"Am I? Sorry.. I'll be quiet.." She whispered.

"The answer is still a No.." He said looking at his ex's bestfriend. "I can't just replace Hoshi, she's my first and my last, that's what I promised her since we're just a kid."

"Childhood promises aren't in now.." Reika said crossing her arms. "Look, she's my bestfriend and yer my friend too.. I saw how you break down into pieces so I'm just saying.." She paused. "Start living a life, it's time to think for yerself.. She's gone and I know it's hard I had my rough times too.. But we need to move on and we can't just live thinking of the past..."

"Why are you approaching me?"

"Because... I saw how you looked at her..."

"What?"

"Don't ya worry, we'll help you.. But don't fuck it off this time.." She said with a hint of warning.

"We? So the guys are?"

"Yep!" She said emphasizing the 'p' sound.

"I--"

"I'm sorry to interrupt." A girl with glasses step in.

"I remembered you.. Yer Yukimura Mei.. Atsumu said yer the one who trash talked Yanacchan the second day of her class here.." Reika said crossing her arms.

"I'm really sorry for that.. I just want to know her reaction."

"Why..?" Reika asked a little bit curious on what Yukimura will say.

"Rintarou-kun.. I just want to say this," She exhaled. "Hoshi is.. Fake."

"What?" They both said in unison.

"She used to be my bestfriend.." Yukimura said a little bit sad, remembering what happened. "But she's been blinded by her so called love that she broke our friendship apart.." She stopped biting her lips. "She wanted to be someone you like so she tried to be her.."

"What're you saying? What's the purpose of this?"

"It all happened when we're just 5 years old.." She looked at Suna with nothing but a regretful face. "Hoshi saw you playing with a girl."

"It's not... Her?"

"She's good at almost everything but she's weak-willed and shy so Hoshi started to dubbed her as 'Freak'.."

Suna looked at her with horrified eyes. So she, His Beloved Girlfriend that he swore to give his life with is just... Lying? She's lying all that time?

"Hoshi wanted to be her, so she copied and tried to be the better version of yer First love," She said. "and I can't do anything to stop her.." She cried unexpectedly, it's her first time letting the pain took over her soul, she's been betrayed and she's been left behind because of a boy. "She became too obsessed with you even more when you gave the girl a ring and ya promised that you'll marry her someday.." She stopped looking at the two people infront of her, wiping her tears away. "Hoshi pushed her and she passed out.. That's the last time we saw her.."

Suna's eyes became glassy too. He remembered it.. Every bit of it.

"That girl... Is none other than Akari Yana.. Yer first love.."

"But she has the ring.." He blurted out still couldn't believe that he has been tricked by his beloved girlfriend.

"Have you ever think of looking closely at the stone on it?"

"The sapphire stone.. It's there.."

"No, I remembered all of it, Akari-san did all her best to fight Hoshi because she wants the ring all by herself, Akari-san and got the ring." She said remembering the scene that played like an old CD. "She got the ring but she lost the stone in it.."

"Yanacchan doesn't have any--"

"She has a necklace, with a sapphire stone in it.."

"I'm there.. I tried to stop her but she started gaining popularity so--"

"Then she befriended me.." Reika said with glassy eyes. "I didn't judge her because she's too.. Kind.. I'm such an idiot.." Reika wanted to punch her face right now..

"I'm saying this because Akari-san, she's not the weak-willed girl I've met before.. She stood up by herself and that's enough, If someone like her changed through time then it's time for me to change too.." Yukimura exhaled

"Finally.. I'm free." She thought.

"I'm going now..." She said, Yukimura Mei never felt so free these past years.

****

4 pm. Coach ended the practice early since they've been practicing since early in the morning. After cleaning the gym with the others Yana went home.

Looking at the recommended pastries Shinsuke listed neatly in her notebook.

"Blueberry cheesecakes, I think I can do that.." She thought remembering the recipe.

'Ping'

"We're having a practice match with Inarizaki.. See you later :)"

-Pretty Setter

The poor girl's face burned red, invisible smoke emerged from her body.