Chapter 15

*WARNING: Please be advised that this chapter contains mature content and strong language.*

Chapter 15
Quinn's POV

Daryl, T-dog, Andrea, and I were about to go out looking for Rick, Glenn, and Hershel. We were loading up when they pulled in. Rick got out, followed by Hershel, and then Glenn.

"Dad!" Carl yelled.

Rick hugged Carl and Lori, and they whispered things to each other.

"Patricia, prepare the shed for surgery," Hershel ordered.

"Who the hell are they?" T-dog yelled, pointing to an unconscious man in the back seat.

My heart raced as I saw his face. I started to get dizzy as the thousands of memories cluttered my brain. I didn't notice it, but tears were streaming down my face.

"No," I said, my voice breaking. "There is no fucking way!"

I banged on the car and ripped open the door. Daryl pulled me away before I could reach him. He guided me away from the others. As we reached the tent, I fell into Daryl's arms.

A few minutes later, I was more calm. I wasn't crying or screaming. We were leaning against the tree trunk and Daryl was rubbing my back soothingly. He didn't ask questions or yell at me for freaking out, he was just quiet.

___

Daryl and I approached the door of the house and walked inside as Rick was finishing his sentence. Everyone stopped talking and observed me carefully.

Andrea turned back to the group. "Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?"

"He'll have a fightin' chance," Rick defended.

"Just gonna let him go? They know where we are," Shane pointed out.

"They were blind folded the whole way here. They're not a threat."

"Not a threat?" Shane repeated. "How many of them were there? You killed two of their men and kept one hostage, they just ain't gonna come lookin' for him?"

"They left him for dead. No one is looking," Rick assured.

"He is out cold right now, will be for hours," Hershel informed.

Shane scoffed. "I'm gonna go get him some flowers and candy. Look at this folks, we're back in fantasy land."

Shane and I don't agree on most things, but we do on this one.

"We haven't even dealt with what you did at my barn," Hershel scolded. "Let me make this perfectly clear once and for all; this is my farm. Now, I wanted you gone, but Rick talked me out of it. That doesn't mean I have to like it. Now do us both a favor and keep your mouth shut."

"Look, we're not gonna do anything about it today. Let's just cool off," Rick said calmly.

___

Rick asked Daryl to come find out what we needed to know. He was very set on making me stay at camp, but let me go anyways. He punched Randall in the face at least three times and he cried out in pain.

"I told you!" he whined.

"You ain't told me shit!" Daryl said as he lifted Randall to a seated position.

Randall didn't seem to recognize me, but I knew who he was.

"I barely knew those guys! I met 'em on the road."