Chapter 25

*WARNING: Please be advised that this chapter contains mature content and strong language.*

Chapter 25
Quinn's POV

"Rick?" Daryl called. "Rick, you with me?" He waved a hand in front of Rick's face.

He was looking so out of it. The baby was crying. I handed Carl his baby sister and watched as he cradled her in his arms.

"Let me see the baby," Hershel instructed.

"What are we gonna feed it?" Daryl asked. "We got anything a baby can eat?"

"It's a girl," I informed, wiping the tears still seeping from my eyes.

"The good news is that she looks healthy, but she needs formula. And soon or she won't survive."

"Nope, no way, not her. We ain't losin' anyone else. I'm goin' on a run," Daryl announced, slinging his bow over his shoulder.

"I'll back you up," I offered, my voice cracking.

"I'll go, too," Glenn piped up.

"Okay, think of where we are goin'," Daryl ordered.

"You two get the fence," I ordered the prisoners. "If too many pile up, we got ourselves a problem."

"Glenn, Quinn, vamanos. Get the gate," Daryl commanded. "C'mon. We're gonna lose the light."

"There's the Piggly Wiggly on I-85," Glenn mentioned as we ran down the dirt path towards the gates.

"No, the baby section's been cleared," I notified. "Lori asked Maggie to keep an eye out when she first told everyone she was pregnant. We haven't had much luck."

I tensed up at even saying Lori's name.

"Is there any place that hasn't been completely looted?" Daryl asked.

"We saw signs for a shopping center just North of here," Glenn noted as we slowed to a stop, reaching the cars.

"Yeah, but there's too much road debris, a car will never get through there," I downed.

"I can take one of ya," Daryl said, putting on his angel wings vest.

"I'll go," I offered.

"Quinn, after everything you've been through...I'll go," Glenn offered quietly.

"I'll go. For Lori, I have to," I insisted.

"Okay," he sighed. "Be safe."

"Always am," I replied, swinging my backpack on my shoulders and hopping on the back of Daryl's bike.

The engine roared to life and Daryl turned to face me.

"I'm sorry," he said, connecting his lips with mine.

We took off through the gate, Oscar closing it behind us. We finally showed up after about an hour's ride or so. Daryl slowed the bike down and I got off.

Daryl's POV

Quinn gave the old fence a push and it popped open. Her and I walked through, closing the gate behind us. She peered into a window and smashed it with her elbow, making the glass shatter to the ground. We climbed through, trying not to get stabbed by any glass. I looked around the room as I jumped down from the window sill.

There was a white baby crib, books and blankets thrown everywhere. Quinn shrugged her backpack off and opened up a cupboard. Inside were a few baby items but no formula.