Chapter 21

*WARNING: Please be advised that this chapter contains mature content and strong language.*

Chapter 21
Daryl's POV

"We haven't had this much space since we left the farm!" Quinn yelled as she walked through the empty courtyard, arms wide open.

We had built a fire after examining the prison and making a plan on how we would clear it out tomorrow.

"Tomorrow we'll pull the bodies together. We wanna keep them away from the water," I explained. "If we can dig a canal under the fence, we could have fresh water."

I was standing up on top of an overturned car, keeping look out. I saw Quinn faintly nod. She turned from the fire and climbed up on to the car. I held out a hand to help her up. Suddenly, she grabbed her shoulder, wincing in pain.

"What's wrong?" I asked, gruffly.

"Think I pulled my shoulder climbin' over the fence," she replied.

"You mean falling over the fence?" I asked.

She gave me a hard look.

"C'mere," I said, licking my fingers clean of venison.

She took a step towards me. I turned her around and started massaging the knot in her shoulder. It was silent between us, the only sound being the fire popping at times. We finally pulled away.

"I'll take watch, you get some sleep," she said.

"Nah, I ain't even tired. I'll wake you when I am," I replied.

She raised an eyebrow. "You sure?"

"Mmm," I answered.

She hopped down. "Alright."

"Why don't you bring that up here?" I said, watching her walk towards the sleeping bag near the fire.

She grabbed it and brought it atop the car. She curled up into the bag and fell asleep.

___

"Mornin', sunshine," I grumbled as Quinn blinked her eyes open to the broad of daylight.

"Morning," she replied groggily, rubbing her eyes. "Why didn't you wake me up last night?"

"Ended up dozin' off in that chair," I said, pointing towards the fence.

She nodded. "We got a lot of work to do."

"Mmm," I replied, jumping off the car and making my way towards the prison.

___

"Ready?" she asked a few minutes later, both hands on the fence, ready to open it.

I nodded.

"Hey!"

"Daryl!"

"Quinn!"

"Over here!"

"Oh my God," she muttered as she turned around.

There were our people, pawning off walkers as best as they could. Quinn let go of the fence and ran down the slight incline. I slid open the metal gate and untied the outter fence. They all slid in and T-dog tied it back up. I turned around and watched as Rick hugged Quinn.

"I'm so glad you found us," she said as she pulled out of the hug.

We closed the gate and made our way up the hill.