Chapter 35

*WARNING: Please be advised that this chapter contains mature content and strong language.*

Chapter 35
Quinn's POV

I awoke curled up to Daryl's bare chest. He had his arms around me and my head was nuzzled into the crook of his neck. We had a blanket covering us, but we hadn't put our clothes back on yet. I heard shuffling coming from downstairs, noting that someone was up.

I quickly unlooped Daryl's arm from my neck and leaned off the bed, making sure to keep the cover on me as I fished for my clothes. When I looked back at Daryl, I realized he was up and looking at me. His elbows were folded underneath his head, an amused smirk written across his face.

I rolled my eyes as I kissed him. "Like what you see?"

"Mmm," he answered, deepening the kiss.

I smiled against his lips and stood from the bed. "I think I have first watch." I grabbed my hunting knife and headed down the metal stairs. "Morning," I said as I spotted Rick.

He stiffened at my greeting. "Morning."

"You alright?" I asked.

He sucked in a large breath, not making eye contact with me. "You're the one who did that to his eye?"

"Yeah, he attacked Michonne and I," I answered truthfully. "Why?"

He shook his head.

I headed out of the cellblock and down the empty halls of the prison. I unclipped my flashlight from my belt and flicked it on. I finally made it to the infirmary where I turned down the hall and out to the watch area. I lifted up the shotgun that was leaned against the fence. I placed the point in the hole of the fence, looking through the scope. I didn't see anything, just loads of walkers.

___

After sitting here for what felt like hours, I finally saw some action. Something fell to the ground over in the distance, almost like a human being taken down by a walker. Rick, who was up in the guard tower, clearly saw it too as he held the scope of his gun to his eye. All of a sudden, a sharp pain went through my head and I was knocked out cold.

___

I awoke in a small, confined room tied to a chair. I had handcuffs around my wrists and ducktape covering my mouth. My head felt dizzy and I could feel blood dripping down my face.

Where the hell was I?