Chapter 45

*WARNING: Please be advised that this chapter contains mature content and strong language.*

Chapter 45
Quinn's POV

"I got this one!" I called.

My period was late, I was throwing up constantly. I ran into the store, looking around for walkers. I walked down the Women's Health aisle. I plucked two pregnancy tests from the shelf and tucked them into my pocket.

"Anythin'?" Joe asked as I came out of the doorway.

"Nope. Cleared."

___

Daryl's POV

I was currently sitting on the ground, head in my hands. I had lost Quinn and now Beth, not to mention the rest of the group. Beth was taken after we found a house that was stacked.

I heard people approach and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, but I didn't care anymore. Hell, kill me.

"Oh my God."

I shot my head up to see her standing there. There were a bunch of weapons in my face, but I could see her.

"Quinn." The words left my mouth in a hushed whispered.

I scrambled to my feet and scooped her up in my arms. I felt her hot breath in the crook of my neck as I tangled my hands in her hair. When we pulled away, I pressed my lips against her's, engulfing her in a rough, but passionate, kiss. When we broke apart for the last time, I remembered we were being watched.

"Claimed," Quinn said quickly, staring at the group and intertwining her fingers with mine.

I watched as most of the men put down their weapons except for one as he walked forward.

"Don't even," Quinn snapped.

"Or what?" he asked.

"Back the hell up," I said, placing a hand on his shoulder and shoving him backwards slightly.

I felt Quinn's hand hover over my shoulder but I continued to grit my teeth at him. The man stepped in my face and I quickly noted that my intimidation didn't scare him.

"Why don't you go fuck with someone who has the same brain capacity as you, Len?" Quinn snapped. "I already claimed him and there's nothing you can do about it."

"There's a lot I can do about it," he spat back.

"Not on my watch," I said sternly.

"Not on your watch," he repeated slowly as he turned, with an ugly smirk on his face, and walked away.

I averted my gaze back to Quinn as she tugged on my arm and pulled me towards her.

"I thought we were meeting on the south side of the prison?" she asked quietly as the group of men staggered around the edge of the road.

"You weren't there," I said lowly. "You never came."

"I did," she said, her brown eyes shining in the sunlight. "You weren't there."

"They were comin', the walkers. I had to get out."

She nodded silently.

"Hey, you two," a deep voice called.

"What's up, Joe?" Quinn asked, making her way over.

"We're gonna go find a place to hang out for the night," the man, Joe, said quietly.