Chapter 19

*WARNING: Please be advised that this chapter contains mature content and strong language.*

Chapter 19
Quinn's POV

We had found most of the group on the way back to the highway. The blue truck, Shane's car, and us so far. As we approached the highway, I saw three faces that I was definitely happy to see; Rick, Hershel, and Carl.

"Oh thank God!" Lori exclaimed as she gathered Rick and Carl in a hug.

Maggie, Beth, and Hershel reunited as well. I wrapped my arm around Daryl and leaned into him once we were off the bike.

"Where'd you find everyone?" Rick asked.

Daryl motioned to Glenn. "That guy's tail lights were zigzagging all over the road. Figured it had to be an Asian to drive like that."

Glenn smiled. "Good one."

"Where's the rest of us?" I asked.

Rick frowned. "We're the only ones who made it so far."

"Shane?" Lori asked.

Rick shook his head and looked down at the ground.

"Andrea?" Glenn asked.

"She saved me, then I lost her," Carol spoke up.

"We saw her go down," T-dog said quietly.

"Patricia?" Hershel asked.

"They got her, too," Beth answered, shakily. "Took her right from me. I was holdin' onto her, daddy. What about Jimmy? Did you see Jimmy?"

"He was in the RV, it got overrun," Rick notified.

This made Beth cry harder into her dad's chest.

"You definitely saw Andrea?" Carol asked.

"There were walkers everywhere," Lori informed.

"Did you see her?" Carol repeated.

"I'm gonna go back," I said, patting my jeans for my knife and gun.

"No," Rick said quickly.

"We can't just leave her," I protested.

"We don't even know if she's there," Lori said.

"She isn't there," Rick insisted. "She isn't."

I gave him a hard look. "How can you know that—"

"She's somewhere else or she's dead. There's no way to find her."

"So we're not even gonna look for her?" Glenn asked.

"We gotta keep movin'," Rick said. "There's gonna be walkers crawlin' all over here."

"I say head East," T-dog suggested.

"Stay off the main roads," Daryl added. He grabbed my arm and squeezed lightly.

I sighed. "He's right. The bigger the roads, the more walkers we find." I stomped over to one making his way towards us and sliced my knife through the skin on his forehead. I walked past the group without looking at any of them. "Can't believe you people are leavin' Andrea behind."

___

About an hour on the road and I heard a honk. I tapped Daryl's shoulder, telling him to stop.

"You out?" he asked as Rick approached us.

"Been runnin' on fumes," Rick replied.

"We can't stay here," Maggie protested.