Chapter 3

*WARNING: Please be advised that this chapter contains mature content and strong language.*

Chapter 3
Quinn's POV

Daryl had his arm around my waist, pulling me backwards when a white sheet of light came over my eyes. We stood there; my face buried in his chest and his in my neck. Finally, the light dimmed down and we waited for something to happen, but nothing did so we walked cautiously inside.

"Daryl, cover the back," Shane ordered.

"Hello? Hello?" Rick called out.

"Close those doors," Shane said.

"Watch for walkers," Dale warned.

We all looked around the huge place. All of a sudden a gun cocked and instinctively, we all turned around, weapons raised toward the hallway.

"Anyone infected?" a male voice yelled out. His words echoed through the empty room.

"One of our group was," Rick started. "He didn't make it."

"Why are you here and what do you want?" he demmanded.

"A chance," Rick replied.

"That's asking an awful lot these days," the man answered.

Rick paused and thought for a moment. "I know."

The man was quiet. "You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission."

"We can do that."

The man stepped out into the light so we could actually see him. "If you have stuff, you bring it in and you do it now. Once this door closes, it stays closed."

We all scrambled outside to grab our belongings. Once we got back inside, the man eyed us all up and down, like he was assuming our life just by our appearance.

"Vi, seal the main entrance and kill the power up here," the man demmanded into a padlock. The door clicked and the lights went down.

"Rick Grimes," Rick greeted, offering his hand.

The man paused before taking Rick's hand. "Doctor Edwin Jenner."

Jenner lead us to an elevator and we all crammed inside.

"Doctors always go around packin' heat like that?" Daryl asked.

"There were plenty left lying around. I farmilarized myself, but you look harmless enough." Jenner paused and looked at Carl. "Except you, I'll have to keep my eye on you."

A grin appeared on Carl's face. We exited the elevator.

"Are we underground?" Carol asked.

"Are you claustrophobic?" Jenner asked.

Carol shrugged. "A little."

"Try not to think about it."

Doc lead us down a hallway and into a dark room. "Vi, bring up the lights in the big room," he ordered.

Lights flickered on in a circular wave and revealed an empty computer room.

"Welcome to zone five."

"Where is everybody?" Rick asked. "The doctors, the staff?"

"I'm it," Jenner answered. "It's just me here."

"What about the person you were speaking with? Vi?" Lori asked.

"Vi, say hello to our guests. Tell them welcome," Jenner commanded.