Chapter 11

*WARNING: Please be advised that this chapter contains mature content and strong language.*

Chapter 11
Quinn's POV

Daryl and I had set up a small camp away from the others. I didn't feel comfortable around Shane. I don't know what his problem is or what kind of shit he is going through, but I don't need to be a part of it. Besides, Daryl and I were better on our own.

We had a large tent, a string to hang our kills, and a small camp fire; everything we needed. But, we still hung out at the other camp for breakfast and work.

I watched as Glenn looked at Maggie who was sitting on the porch, shaking her head no at him. He then looked at Dale who was shaking his head yes at him. He stood and walked to an angle where everyone could see him.

"Uh, guys?"

Everyone looked up.

He hesitated, but then quickly said, "The barn's full of walkers."

He looked in my direction and I slightly nodded my head. It was the right thing to do.

___

Shane looked in through the crack of the barn. "You cannot tell me you're alright with this," he spat, storming past Rick.

"No, I'm not," Rick answered. "But we're guests here. This is not our land."

"This is our lives, man!" Shane shouted.

"Lower your voice," Glenn hissed.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug," Andrea agreed.

"It ain't right, not remotely," T-dog added.

"Okay, we either gotta go in there, we gotta make things right or we've just gotta go," Shane ordered. "Now, we've been talking about Fort Benning for a while."

"We can't go," Rick said.

"Why, Rick? Why?" Shane asked.

"Because my daughter's still out there," Carol answered quietly from behind me.

"Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility," Shane said as he looked towards Carol.

"I'm not leaving with a chance of her still being alive out there," I said. "I think we could all use the reassurance of knowing one way or another."

"We're not leaving Sophia behind," Rick agreed.

"I'm close to findin' that girl," Daryl said, stepping forward. "I just found her damn doll two days ago."

Shane laughed. "You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll."

"You don't know what the hell you're talkin' about!" Daryl shouted, getting closer to Shane.

"I'm just sayin' what needs to be said here!" he yelled over the crowd that had broken out into commotion. "Let me tell you somethin' else. If she was alive out there and saw you comin', all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she'd run in the opposite direction!" Shane spat.

"No worse than you puttin' your hands on all the women around here like a damn freak!" he yelled as he jumped for Shane.

The others were holding him back and Rick gave me a look. We both knew none of this would end well. I pulled Daryl back with the rest. When we finally got him to stop resisting, I left my hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"Back off!" Rick said, making Shane stop.

Lori pulled Shane back, too.

"Keep your hands off me," he said sternly.