Chapter 33

*WARNING: Please be advised that this chapter contains mature content and strong language.*

Chapter 33
Quinn's POV

Rick and I stood outside of the contraption-filled building.

"Look out for booby traps," Rick warned. "Looks like he has gotten pretty creative so far."

"I thought we were just gonna get in and get the hell out of here?" I reminded.

"I'm not leavin' him on the street. He saved my life. He wasn't like this then."

I nodded slowly at Rick's tone.

"Jesus, he has a son."

"You think he's in there?" I asked.

Rick looked at me before continuing forward. I quickly stopped him as he was about to walk through the door. Rick looked at me, a questioning expression on his face.

"You said look out for booby traps."

Rick looked down at the welcome mat and pulled it back, revealing knives sticking up.
"Thank you."

"Let's just get him inside," I said, annoyed.

Rick followed me back to the man, Morgan, and we heaved him up onto our shoulders. We entered the building, being sure to step over the welcome mat.

We started up the first flight of stairs. A white sheet hung in the door frame that read: "TURN AROUND NOW"

The next sheet said: "NOT SHITTING YOU"

"Whoa," Rick said in a warning tone.

I looked down at where I was about to step and saw a thin wire going across the stairs. We stepped over it and flung open the sheet. Inside hung chains and an axe that had, "TOLD YOU," carved into it.

"Carl, watch the wire," I called down to him as he came up behind us.

We rounded the next corner and found a room stocked with guns and weapons.

"I showed him that weapon locker last year," Rick infomed.

"And it had all this in it?" I asked.

"No, not even half," Rick answered. "He's been busy."

I pointed to the cot. Rick and I dragged Morgan over to the bed and unlooped his arms from our necks. I grabbed a duffel bag and started shoving guns into it.

"No," Rick said randomly, breaking the silence. "We're gonna wait for him to wake up, make sure he's okay."

"He tried to kill us," I reminded.

"He told us to go," Rick opposed. "He didn't know who we were."

"He tried to kill us and we didn't leave him for the walkers; he's had a good day," I spat. "He doesn't need half these guns. We do."

"We're waitin' for him to wake up, that's it," Rick insisted.

I sighed. "Have you taken a look around this place? The axe, the spikes, the walls?"

"You think he's crazy?" Rick snapped.

"No," I replied quickly. "I think he's dangerous."

"I know him."

"He wasn't like this," I reminded.

"We're gonna wait for him to wake up," Rick repeated.

Rick grabbed zip ties and made his way over to Morgan, not taking his eyes off me. He started to secure him to the bed. I watched as Carl gazed over a map written out on the wall. I heard him and Rick mumbling to each other, but I zipped up the duffel bag before listening in.