-twenty one

After the two days Aurora spent in dorm, crying and, well binge- reading, she was back to her usual self. Well, not really. Her pristine public facade masked the truth hidden within herself. She was broken. Shattered in a million pieces. But she only revealed the version of herself that other people wanted to see. And that version showed the graceful, flawless, rich girl.

She had also borrowed many books from the library, and they all needed to be returned. So, Aurora decided to get out of her dorm for the first time in days, besides leaving to the library.

"We'll look who's finally out of her 'den'." Aurora turned around as she came out of the bathroom. It was Veronica.

"Oh, yeah. I just need to return some books." She replied.

"You know, it's okay to not be okay." Veronica said.

"What-"

"I've known you since we were literally toddlers. And I know you well enough to know that you isolate yourself for a few days and the put up that whole act. You go back to acting like nothing's wrong." Veronica said, moving towards her.

"I'm fine. I really am, so there's nothing you need to worry about." Aurora lied to her friend.

"No you're not. And I know I sure as hell wouldn't be if I found out that I have to marry someone I completely loathe." Veronica snapped back. "Don't bottle all your feelings up."

"Well what do you want me to do?! I still have to marry Avery no matter what I do or say, so it won't make a difference!" Aurora started to pace around the room. "I can't do anything."

"Cissy and I can help you get out of it-"

"No. I won't drag you guys into this." Aurora said.

"We want to help you. Don't you understand?" Veronica tried to reason with her.

"Why?! Why do you guys even care? Its not you who's marrying someone you hate, is it?"

"Because you're my best friend and I fucking care about you! I want you to be happy, not miserable for the rest of your life." Veronica finally said.

"Just- Just leave it. There's nothing we can do to get me out of this and that's final. Now if you don't mind, I have to go to the library."

"Wait-"

But before Veronica could finish, Aurora took her books and left, slamming the door behind her.

*****

  Aurora returned her books and decided to pick up some new ones to read. To her luck, the library wasn't packed with students. Only a few students could be seen.

So she walked through the aisles in search of a new book to read. She had already read a lot of the books in the library before, mainly because of the huge selection of books her family owned back at Grimmauld Place. She decided to reread one of her favorite novels, Anne of Green Gables. Yes, it may have been considered a children's book, but Aurora enjoyed it regardless.

As she was about to reach for the book, she realized it was too far up. She looked for her wand but it wasn't in her pocket. Shit, must've left it back at the dorms she thought to herself. She was about to just give up and leave until she heard a voice behind her. She was startled, but she turned around to only find that it was a familiar talk, scar-covered boy.

"Here." Remus said as he gave her the book. "Uhm I saw that you were struggling a bit."

"Oh yeah, thanks." Aurora said awkwardly, not knowing what to do next.