-twenty seven

The two Black siblings stood side by side, only a few feet away from their parents.

"Remember, I'm here for you." Regulus whispered to his older sister as they both slowly walked towards Walburga and Orion.

"I know." She replied as they continued walking.

They got closer.

And closer.

Until they stood facing their parents.

And without even exchanging a glance, Walburga and Orion grabbed their children by the arms and disapparated back to Number Twelve Grimmauld Place.

The place was the same as when they left.
Dark. Silent. Cold. And Gloomy. Pretty much everything in the house was black, emerald green, or some other dark color.

There were no 'happy' family pictures, only portraits in which they stood emotionless in. And there was nothing that made Number Twelve Grimmauld Place ever feel like home. There wasn't that feeling of warmth that you would feel around your loved ones in there.

The two siblings stood there, with their gazes to the floor, without saying anything, waiting for their parents to speak up.

"So," Walburga started. "Care to explain what in the name of Salazar Slytherin had been going on this school year? What were you thinking, Aurora? Associating yourself with a half-blood?! And to make things worse, it was a girl!"

She grabbed her daughters arm and took her to the living room as she told Regulus to go to his room. Orion followed her shortly after.

"You disgust us!" Walburga spat. "A girl! I still can't believe it, Orion. She has the audacity to bring such shame and taint the name of the Noble House of Black."

"What you and that girl had between each other was unnatural. You're sick!" Orion added, agreeing with his wife. Aurora just sat there silently. She had a million things she wanted to say to them, but she didn't want any more punishments.

"Thank Merlin for that Avery. He'll set you straight." Walburga muttered.

"He'll be a good husband and you will do as he says, just like a wife should." Orion stated, and with that he left the room.

Aurora scoffed. "Just like a wife should? And you decided to marry him of all people? Is that what us women are for? Getting married and then popping out a few children?"

"Women, especially in this family, don't waste their time on pathetic things like love. Our job is to get married and continue the bloodline. But most importantly, stay pure. It is our motto, is it not?" Walburga said.

"Family? Is that what you seriously think we are? You're no mother of mine, and he's no father of mine. You guys are just a bunch of ignorant people who don't give a damn about their children!" Aurora had enough at this point and she had started yelling.

"You ungrateful brat!" Walburga yelled back at Aurora, and then slapped her right across the face. "We gave you everything! How dare you disrespect us! I guess you didn't learn your lesson the last time." Walburga smirked and pointed her wand directly at Aurora. "Crucio."

Aurora tried her best not to scream, but the pain was intolerable. She let out a cry of pain. Aurora fell to the ground and her chilling screams echoed throughout the large house. It felt as if someone kept stabbing her and twisting her insides, over and over again. Her eyes were closed and tears were soon spilling out. The curse only lasted seven minutes, but felt like a whole seven hours. And when she opened her eyes, Walburga was gone.