-forty one

Aurora was currently at the library with Narcissa and Veronica. With Veronica doing anything but her schoolwork.

Narcissa constantly received letters from her parents, discussing their plans and preparations for her wedding. They had even set a date; July twenty five.

Veronica on the other hand was still holding resentment towards Evan, and it especially became evident each time he hung out with Avery or Mulciber.  On top of al of her anger, she had also received a letter from her mother, suggesting that she get married.

"Can you believe that?! I am only seventeen!" Veronica furiously slammed the letter at the table Aurora and Narcissa were sitting at in the library.

"Will you please keep your voice down... or just leave!?" A Ravenclaw sitting at a table near them scowled.

"Oh shut up, this is a life or death matter for me!" Veronica retaliated, taking a seat next to her friends.

"Well it's not like you're actually getting married." Aurora told her, closing the book she was reading. "And besides, can't you just explain to your mother why you don't want to get married yet? She's quite understanding from what I remember."

"But the thing is that I don't want to get married at all. It is not in my plans and never has been." Veronica sighed, resting her head on her hands.

"You might change your mind later on, who knows." Narcissa added.

"I won't. I'm certain."

"Are you? I think we all had a phase in our lives where we didn't want to marry, but that can change as we grow."

"Listen, Narcissa, I don't want to get married. Especially not at an age like this. If you want to, then great! That's your decision which I will not judge you for. But personally, a marriage is not what I envision myself in." Narcissa only sighed in response, feeling rather sad for the girl. "Anyways, I'll be right back. I need to get a few other books."

When Veronica left, Narcissa turned to Aurora. "So, what about you? Any luck on getting out of your marriage with Avery?"

"Not really. There's only one way to get out of it, and I'm not quite sure if I want to." Aurora sighed.

"I can always turn him into a bug or something. It'll be easier to step on him." Narcissa smirked. "Then the problem will be solved."

"I wish."  Aurora laughed.

Veronica soon returned, slammed her books on the table (much to the displeasure of the other students), and only said three things, "Hufflepuff. Party. This Saturday."

"Shh!!" That same Ravenclaw hissed at her.

"Well if you have such a problem with me me, why don't you just leave?" Veronica turned to face her with an annoyed look.

"You nasty pure bloods think that you're entitled to everything!" The girl spat before she gave  dirty look to all of them and ran off.

"I- what- no wait! I didn't mean it like that." Veronica tried to call after her but only sighed in frustration as she left. "Why are people like this?"

"This is a library, you know." Narcissa shrugged.

"As I was saying, the Hufflepuffs are throwing a party on Saturday. We're all going." Veronica stated, taking a seat.

"Oh I don't know. I should probably stay away from those parties." Narcissa sighed. "There's so much alcohol and drugs. Lucius doesn't want me to be around all that."

"Lucius?" Aurora raised a brow. "If I recall correctly, he was the one high as shit during that one party in our fifth year, that he climbed onto the table and almost stripped off all of his clothes right there. It's quite hypocritical of him to say that."