-thirty four

The next morning was quite eventful to say the least.

Aurora and Veronica had ended up accidentally falling asleep on her balcony. The remainder of the food was still spread out on the small table. The two girls would've kept on sleeping, if it weren't for Evan and Regulus's loud chatting down below in the backyard.

"Will you two shut up?!" Veronica finally yelled at them, leaning on her balcony.

"Well look who finally woke up!" Regulus shouted back at her from the backyard. "We thought you died or something."

"Yeah no, I'd need more than a shit load of food to kill me." Veronica corrected him. Her eyes quickly glanced at Evan but went back to staring at Regulus. They had picked up, or not picked up, where they left off the previous day.

"Why don't you come down, it's a lovely day!" To Veronica, Regulus seemed to be in a good mood for whatever reason. But in reality, he was far from that. He just knew how to hide it really well.

"Well thank you for waking me up." Aurora finally joined the conversation, leaning against the railing.

"You know that sleeping too much isn't good for you right?" Regulus interjected.

"Yeah? Says who?"

"Says everyone." He remarked.

"Well I don't give a shit about what everyone or anyone says." That wasn't exactly true though, and Aurora knew it. She did in fact care about what some people said. Only a few specific people though.

*****

The Potter Manor, the night before...

At the Potter Manor, the Marauders and a few other friends had decided to throw a small end of the summer get together.

With the help of Lily, Marlene, and Alice, they had successfully decorated and set up snacks in the 'den'. The den used to be James' old playroom, but was later turned into a hang out room with a couch and even a muggle television. And there was even a wall filled with all of the polaroid pictures they took of whenever they hung out, the dates going all the way back to their third year.

Lily was in charge of, well, everything. She was making sure everyone did the 'tasks' they were assigned to, without any problems.

And speaking of those tasks, Peter and Remus were in charge of the food, drinks, and snacks. While James and Sirius were in charge of planning the entertainment and games. Alice decorated the place, adding stringed lights for a cozy ambience. And lastly, Marlene supplied them with the alcohol and other things to spice up the night, thanks to all of her connections.

"Alright, it all seems pretty good don't you think?" Lily looked around the room to see that everything was all set up and ready.

"It's perfect, Lils. I cant wait till Marls gets here. She's the life of the party itself." Alice smiled.

"We're back! Sorry it took us a bit longer than expected, we picked up a few muggle snacks for the non-muggles here to try out." Remus and Peter emptied out their bags of snacks and set them up on the small coffee table.

"Well finally!" Lily exclaimed. Soon after,  the rest of the group started to arrive, and so did a very tired-looking Marlene.

"Oh yes, just sit there while I suffer carrying all of these bloody bottles by myself." Marlene stared right at them, barely managing to carry all of the bottles of drinks she had in her hand.