-four

"For the last time, Potter, I am not going out on a date with you!" Lily Evans could be heard shouting at James Potter.

"Fine! But this doesn't mean that I've given up. One day, you'll agree to go on a date with me, and we'll finally be together. Just you wait!" James replied to
her, with a slight smirk on his face.

"Ugh he's so annoying. Why can't he just take a hint. I. Don't. Like. Him." Lily said, turning to Marlene.

"Well, Lils, he is James Potter for a reason. He's practically made it his life mission for you to agree to go on at least one date with him." Marlene said, laughing.

She continued to eat her food, until she noticed a certain dark-haired girl sitting in the Slytherin table.

"Not even surprised that she's in Slytherin." Marlene muttered to herself.
She didn't realize she'd been staring at her a little too long, until she turned around and their eyes met. Then Marlene suddenly looked away, feeling like the girl thought she was a stalker.

She had icy gray eyes that were intimidating, yet soft at the core.
Her eyes were like a fire. Dangerous, yet compelling.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when Lily called her.

"Marlene Mckinnon! Are you even listening to what i'm saying?" Lily snapped.

"Uh- yeah, sorry." Marlene quickly replied.

The redhead was very intimidating and fierce. Even the Marauders were scared of her when she got angry. Especially a certain James Potter.

As the feast ended, they all made their way to the common rooms. Marlene and Lily headed to the girls dormitory and got ready to sleep. As Marlene slumped onto her four-poster bed, she couldn't get one thing, or we'll perhaps, person, out of her mind.
Her.

She didn't really know why she felt like she had to get to know the girl. There was just something about her that was pulling Marlene towards her.

She was very mysterious, and one thing Marlene loved other than food, were mysteries.

Especially when it came to solving them.

*****

this is a short chapter but it was mainly to show Marlene's point of view :)