-five

The Great Hall was filled with the voices of all the students. Chatting, laughing, talking to their friends. Aurora made her way to the Slytherin table and sat next to her friends.

"We'll look who finally decided to show up." Evan Rosier, who sat across from her, said.

"Oh shove off, Evan. Non of you," Aurora said, looking specifically at Narcissa and Veronica, "decided to wake me up."

"Im sorry, I was busy getting ready and forgot!" Veronica quickly said,  before her best friend got a chance to kill her. Aurora was quite intimidating when she needed to be.

"Anyways, make sure it doesn't happen again, or i'll hex you. Both of you."  Aurora said while putting some food into her plate.

Across the room sat Marlene McKinnon, Lily Evans, and Alice Fortescue.

"Marls, I still don't understand how one can eat so much, but never gain any weight!" Alice exclaimed.

"I have a fast metabolism." Marlene chuckled. "And also being on the quidditch team has helped me a lot too."

"Anyways, moving forward, what class do you guys have first?" Lily asked, joining in on their conversation.

"I have Potions first, which isn't that bad since i'm pretty good at it." Marlene said, with a proud grin.

"Well I have Divinations, and I am most certainly not looking forward to it." Alice groaned.

"Me too. But hey, at least we'll see each other there." Lily said, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Yeah, I guess so." Alice sighed.

"Ok, girls, I've got to go. I need to pick up a few books from the library before class. So I'll see you both later." Marlene said, as she started to head out.

"Bye!" Lily and Alice said simultaneously.

*****

Breakfast was over and it was time to leave the Great Hall. Aurora had potions as her first class and she had mixed feelings about it. For starters, yes, she excelled in potions, just like how the rest of her family members did. But, Slughorn only cared about his reputation and power. He was very manipulative too. Mostly inviting either students who actually excelled in the class, or students who came from Slytherin families, into his "Slug Club".

As she entered the classroom, she noticed she had the class with the Gryffindors. She didn't know most of them but recognized a few who hung out with Sirius.

"Great." She muttered under her breath.

"Ah, Ms. Black, one of my finest students. Come in, take a seat." Slughorn said.

She gave a slight smile and proceeded to walk in. The only person from her group of friends that was in her class was Evan, but someone already sat next to him. So, she found an empty seat in the back and sat there instead.

The class started to fill up with more students and as Slughorn was about to start talking, someone barged into the class.

"I'm so sorry, Professor. I was in the library and might've gotten too caught up." The girl said with a sorry face.

"It's alright Ms. Mckinnon, just make sure you're not late next time. Why don't you take a seat.......right next to Ms. Black
over there in the back!" Slughorn replied.

Marlene started walking towards the back and Aurora didn't notice her since she was setting her stuff up. Marlene also didn't notice Aurora, due to her hair covering her face, as she proceeded to set up her stuff.

She took a seat next to her and at that moment, Aurora turned around and saw her.

"Oh, it's you! Train girl." Marlene exclaimed with a smirk.

"Ugh, not you again. Great." She scoffed.

"You know, it doesn't hurt to be, i don't know, maybe nice...?" Marlene said, sarcastically.

"And why should i do that?" Aurora said, with her eyebrows raised.

"Well, I did apologize, didn't I? There's no other reason to be angry at me." Marlene said, as she took out her books.

"Fine. Only because we're most likely going to be partners since we already sit next to each other." Aurora said, turning around.

"Okay, well hello students! I'm Professor Slughorn, as most of you know, since you probably had me last year. Welcome back to another wonderful year. I have so much exciting potions planned for this year too." Slughorn welcomed them. "So, let's start the year off by brewing a Draught of the Living Death, shall we? And you'll have to work with your partners on this one. You'll get to know each other better too!"

"So, do you want me to get the ingredients while you set up our cauldron and what not?" Marlene asked.

"Yeah, sure." Aurora replied as she set up their cauldron.

*****

"You're doing it wrong! You're supposed to stir it clock-wise. Gosh, do you know how to do anything right?" Aurora
snapped, clearly furious at Marlene.

"Geez, calm down. It was only a small mistake. Now I can see why you're always alone, you're always rude to everyone. Well guess what Miss I'm-so-perfect, not everyone has to do everything to please you!" Marlene shouted at her.

The whole class was quiet and all eyes were peering at them.

"Is there a problem, Ms. Black, Ms. Mckinnon?" Slughorn asked, with a confused look.

"No, sorry sir." Marlene replied, with her head down.

The class ended and Marlene stormed out of the room as fast as she could, leaving Aurora dumbfounded.

Aurora then left to her other classes, and before she knew it, it was lunch time. She headed to the Great Hall but didn't really eat much.

She was still thinking about what Marlene had said. Am I really like that? Do I really act that rude and pompous? She thought to herself.

Hiii! Here's another chapter. What do you guys think so far? Anyways, have a nice day, or night. ♡︎