-eighteen

A few weeks had passed and it was already the middle of March. All the snow had melted into nothingness, and the weather was warmer. Spring was here. Flowers growing, and the grass greener than ever. Most of the students had spent their time near the Black Lake, and just outdoors in general.

Aurora was about to leave her Charms class, but she was stopped when Marlene stopped her. She was calling her name from the other side of the hallway.

"Wait up!" Marlene yelled as she tried to get through the many students that were crowding the hallways.

"Oh hello there!" Aurora exclaimed, as Marlene engulfed her in a hug.

"So, we haven't really gone on an actual date yet. And I was wondering if we could." Marlene asked, as they started walking.

"Yeah, sure. When and where?" Aurora replied.

"Well, Hogsmeade is where everyone goes on a date, and it's just a tad bit, whats the word for it? Overrated. Yep, overrated." Marlene tried to explain.

"So what were you thinking of instead of Hogsmeade, the Shrieking Shack?" Aurora chuckled.

"Yes, and perhaps the haunted spirits in there can join us too." Marlene said sarcastically. "Anyways, I have an idea. Just meet me tonight at the Black Lake after curfew."

"But what if we get caught? And especially after curfew." Aurora said.

"Oh come on, it's not like we haven't sneaked out after curfew before. And trust me, we won't get caught." Marlene smirked, remembering all of the times they have sneaked out to the astronomy tower after curfew.

"Okay, see you tonight then." Aurora said.

"See you tonight

*****

Dinner went by really fast and before Aurora knew it, she was back at her dorm again. She was getting ready for her date with Marlene. Since it was kind of chilly at night, she just wore some leggings and a sweater on top.

Marlene on the other hand, was in the kitchen. She had a basket and was packing it with some food. Two bottles of butterbeer, two sandwiches, and a box of chocolate strawberries. She was all set and made her way to the Black Lake. It was a very lovely night.

  The sky was filled with stars and the full moon was shining down on the lake. It was very calm and peaceful. Perfect for a date.

  Marlene got their first and set up the whole thing. She also brought a blanket for them to sit on. Then she added the finishing touches, candles scattered around the blanket.

"It's beautiful." A voice was heard.

"You're finally here." Marlene said to Aurora.

They sat down and talked throughout the night. If only it could be this way forever.

"This was an amazing first date." Aurora said, smiling. "I really enjoyed it."

"Glad you think so." Marlene said.

They were staring into each others eyes, and inching their faces closer by the second. They were about to kiss until they heard a twig snap.

Both their eyes shot up to see what or who it was. But there it was, standing only a few feet away from them.

A werewolf.

But it wasn't alone. Next to it was a black dog and a stag with a rat sitting on its antlers.

The two girls were both frozen until Marlene quietly spoke up.

"Oh my god. Is that a-"

"Werewolf." Aurora finished.