-forty three

There was no one else out in the hallway besides Aurora and Marlene.

While the party had continued to go on into the night, the two girls had talked the whole time. They were catching up and also just letting all of their bottled feelings out. It was like they were in their own personal bubble, away from the rest of the world. No talk about life after Hogwarts, no war, no separation, and no unwanted arranged marriages.

They weren't a pure blood and a half-blood. Or a Slytherin and a Gryffindor. They were just Aurora and Marlene.

"And I had to carry all of the bloody bottles of butterbeer and firewhisky by myself. No assistance from any of them! Potter even had the audacity to ask me to toss him a bottle." Marlene was explaining their little summer get together at James' house, to Aurora, "He got what he deserved when he fell from that fucking chandelier, though."

"He what?! Why was he even up there?" Aurora and Marlene were both laughing now.

"He was drunk and thought that it would make for a good photo. I mean they still got the shot. But all you can see was him falling and dragging the chandelier down with him."

Their laughter had slowly faded and they were soon back to that moment of comfortable silence.

"Aurora," Marlene began, "Why didn't you talk to me about the whole Avery situation? I know I should just drop the subject, but I can't. What was the actual reason?"

Aurora sighed, "It wasn't you, if that's what you mean. It was nothing negative towards you, I just couldn't tell you. I knew you'd try to put a stop to it but I couldn't risk you getting hurt. My parents are ruthless people. They wouldn't hesitate hurting you. I—I didn't want to...well, lose you. I have never met anyone who makes me feel the way I do when I'm with you."

She turned her gaze up to Marlene as she finished her sentence, and Marlene was looking right back at her.

So there they were, two teenage girls, eyes locked, sitting in an empty corridor all alone.

"I really want to kiss you right now." Marlene said, not moving her gaze away from Aurora. She wanted to be in the moment, not knowing when they'd get another chance like this again.

"So what's stopping you, Mckinnon?" Aurora smirked.

That was all Marlene needed before she leaned in and pressed her lips to Aurora's, cupping her face with one hand. This one wasn't as slow (or awkward) as their previous kiss. It was more passionate, especially since there weren't any other people around them.
It was filled with lust and hunger. Their breaths were becoming more jagged as they moved their lips in sync, feeling the presence of each other and taking it all in hungrily.

Marlene soon turned her focus to Aurora's neck, kissing it and leaving love bites all over as Aurora let out a gasp.

"It's a bit risky here." Aurora said, as Marlene continued to kiss her neck.

Marlene turned up to face her, "Well then let's go somewhere else, shall we?"

Marlene stood up and let out a hand to help Aurora, which she took. Aurora had almost expected Marlene to lead her to their old spot, the astronomy tower, but she seemed to be going another direction.

"Where could it be..." Marlene muttered to herself.

"What is it? What are you looking for?" Aurora asked, curiously.

"It was here last time—oh there it is!"

She walked near an unfamiliar door. Aurora had never remembered seeing a door there.