-nineteen

Aurora's sixth year at Hogwarts was coming to an end. It was May and the school year would soon be over.

Throughout the year a lot had happened. Firstly, she had met Marlene. And she never would have thought that their encounter at the train station would've  led to them being together. She had also gotten closer to Sirius again. They had been on talking terms but soon reconnected. But Regulus on the other hand was still somewhat angry or well upset at her. Which was understandable considering his only other sibling had now left him. Aurora also made some new friends. She had hung out with Lily and Alice and they had gotten along quite well. Her friendship with Veronica and Narcissa was still as strong as ever. Although Aurora still had her suspicions about Veronica and Regulus being together.

She thought that almost everything seemed to be relatively good at the moment.

Oh how wrong she was.

*****

"I can't believe were going to leave this place soon." Marlene stared out into the sky from the astronomy tower.

"Yeah. One more year." Aurora said sitting next to her.

"What do you think will happen after all this?" Marlene seemed to be in a deep thought.

"What do you mean?" Aurora asked.

"Well first, what will happen after we graduate. And second, well, I'm sure you've heard about him. That dark wizard. The one that goes after muggle-borns, half-bloods, and 'blood traitors'." Marlene explained. "There's most likely going to be some kind of war."

"Oh I know quite a lot about him. My own so called parents agree with his views." Aurora muttered.

"I was also thinking about us." Marlene added.

"What about us?"

"About what's going happen to us."

"Well, we don't really know what the future has in store for us." Aurora started.
"I mean, we could live together or something."

Marlene smiled at that. "In a little cottage, somewhere far away. Away from all of this."

"Oooh we could also get a pet. Maybe a cat or a bunny." Aurora added.

"Aww that's cute and all, but we have you." Marlene joked.

"Hey!" Aurora smacked her arm.

"What time is it?" Marlene asked.

Aurora looked at the watch on her wrist. "It's around nine thirty."

"Shit. I promised Lily I'd meet her at the library at nine to study." Marlene said as they both got up.

"It's okay. Go." Aurora said.

"See you later I guess." Marlene said after they kissed goodbye.

"See you."

*****

  Aurora made her way to the Slytherin common room. She said the password and went straight to her dorm.